Monroe Staff Weekly Update
Integrity * Inclusiveness * Collaboration * Optimism
May 11, 2018
Catherine Buckley - May 11
Samantha Young - May 21
Audrey Tomlinson - June 1
Amanda Allison - June 3
Mary Rice - June 12
Heather Pogue - June 24
Jennifer Raper - June 26
Jamie Bender - June 29
Stephanie Miller - July 1
Christina Sullivan - July 12
Emily Flores - July 19
Week at a Glance
- Happy Monday!!
Tuesday, May 15
- Kindness Ambassadors Group 3, 3:10 pm
- 5th Grade Spring Orchestra Concert, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, May 16
- Senior Day Assembly, 7:50 a.m.
- Staff Meeting, 3:25 p.m.
Thursday, May 17
- Intervention w/ Specialists
- Yoga Club Group 3, 3:10 pm
- Ali and Katheryn's Baby Shower, 3:30 p.m.
Friday, May 18
- Hat Day
- GMM, 8 am
- Talent Show, 1:15 p.m.
News & Reminders
From Melissa Gunter:
- I need teams of Elementary teachers to work on revising our Elementary Benchmark Assessments and/or creating a district item bank in Mastery Connect.
- Please send teachers who are interested to this Google Form to sign up!
- I especially need 2nd, 3rd, and 5th grade teachers!!
- Jason Olsen from Norman Parks & Rec is opening the ALL NEW WESTWOOD just for NPS Employees and their families! Is this a great town, or what?!
- The City of Norman and the Norman Parks & Recreation Department want to show our appreciation for our Norman Public School teachers and employees. We will be having a Norman Public Schools Appreciation Night on Thursday, May 24th from 6:00pm – 8:00pm at the New Westwood Family Aquatic Center (1017 Fairway Dr.)
- This event is free and open to Norman Public Schools teachers/ employees and their families. You must present your Norman Public School ID to enter. Bring plenty of sunscreen and be prepared to have a wonderful time! We will have concessions for sale! Normal pool operating rules will apply.
- Thank you and we hope to see our teachers/employees and their families on Thursday, May 25th. If you have any questions please call Westwood/Jason at (405) 447-7665.
- Teachers, please update the intervention document with end of year data before our intervention meetings next Thursday, May 17.
- Please have them ready for our Class Placement Meetings on May 21.
- Please complete the Textbook Order Form by May 18.
- 4th GRADE WILL NEED TO ORDER MATERIALS FOR AN ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM unless there are materials in the attic.
- 1st GRADE WILL NEED TO ORDER MATERIALS FOR AN ADDITIONAL CLASSROOM unless there are materials in the attic.
- Find your tab at the bottom of the document.
- Remember to order both math and reading materials.
- Remember to order Home-Study Links.
- As you know, money for instructional materials is limited. Please order only what you need.
- There are no elementary materials to be discarded this year.
- If you have library books or other old materials that need to be discarded, please stack them against the wall underneath the Mustang Art Gallery (across from Susan Young's room).
Technology End of Year Procedures
Non-returning staff at the end of school year will need to turn in all MacBooks, iPads, and laptops and all appropriate cords and chargers to your Principal or Principal Designee, so Technology Services Center can inventory and re-image.
Staff Changing sites:
If you are changing sites, any classroom sets of equipment shall remain at the old sites.
Teacher provided MacBook will go with teacher to new site.
You must be a returning employee to take your teacher Mac, your Dell IC Laptop, and if applicable, one iPad home.
If over the summer, you resign your position and leave Norman Public Schools, please coordinate with Bonnie Selzer, (email@example.com) at the Technology Service Center, to return all checked out equipment.
Optional: Checking in MacBook, Dell IC Laptop and if applicable iPad for Summer (If not taking your equipment home):
If you do not desire to take home your MacBook, Dell IC Laptop and, if applicable iPad, for the summer, please check in your devices with your school principal or principal designee so that the devices can be placed in the secured area at your site.
Remove your Batteries
Please remove the batteries from all your clickers with the screwdrivers provided to your site last year and place in boxes/totes located in the area designated by your principals.
If you no longer have screwdrivers, please coordinate with Troy Barnett (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that he can provide replacement screwdrivers.
Again, only put batteries in boxes/totes provided.
Please do not place clickers in totes--clickers will be secured in your room.
Mobis /Dongles / Pens / Clickers / Remote
Leave your mobis on your cart.
Lock your dongles, clickers, pens and remote in your cart.
Need something repaired?:
If any of your Intelligent Classroom equipment (laptop, IC board, dock, Mobis, or projector) needs to be repaired over the summer, please let your principal know and request that your site contact, librarian, or site secretary submit a KACE ticket to the Technology Services Center (TSC).
How do I submit a technology work request (TWR) for a computer, projector, or other related technology repair?
If you would like assistance for this, please contact the NPS Help Desk at
All Intelligent classroom equipment must be turned off and unplugged:
Power Down Laptop
Turn off Power Strip mounted to cart.
Unplug cart from wall
Unplug mounted white board from wall. In August when reconnecting, reverse these steps.
All devices will be stored in the CONFERENCE ROOM.
- Due before the last day of school.
- I am working on getting final evaluations scheduled with certified staff. Please make sure you update your growth plan with end of year comments for each action step before we meet. Also remember to change your action steps to show "finished." That way we can print and sign when we do your final evaluation. Thank you!
Lori's Schedule May 14 - May 18
Tuesday - Out all day
Wednesday - Monroe all day
Thursday - Monroe all day
Friday -Out all day
Monroe Elementary Mission
NPS Mission & Values
MISSION: To prepare and inspire all students to achieve their full potential.
- Integrity - Integrity is the cornerstone of everything we do.
- Inclusiveness - We positively affirm the unique identity of every individual.
- Collaboration - We collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to maximize our shared knowledge and resources to bring greater value to our students, staff and stakeholders.
- Optimism - We aspire to maintain a positive attitude and expect the best possible outcome in every situation.