Fifth Grade News
Mrs. Getchman ~ November 16 , 2017
Grow ~ Worship ~ Serve ~ Give ~ Connect ~ Share
"Old Yeller" L. 7
*Understand characters using text evidence.
*Use perfect verb tenses
*Interpret the meaning of idioms
Math: Chapter 2: Order of Operations
* Use order of operations to simplify numeric expressions
* Solve real world problems using multiplication and division
* Identify Grace, Effect, Form, and Matter in the Sacrament of Baptism.
Social Studies: Shakepseare
*Analyzer a character from The Taming of the Shrew
*Interpret Renaissance clothing for a character from The Taming of the Shrew
Element of Discipleship: Give generously from your heart
If you want to make a delivery, please come by the office on Friday to get a basket and an address for delivery.
Thanksgiving Prayer Service
11:30 in the gym
Check day is tomorrow
Disciples of Christ
Next week is a short week, so there will not be a newsletter.
Things to remember:
- Next week is a short week so there will not be a spelling test. We will have our weekly quiz for Lesson 7 Old Yeller.
- I hope you are able to join us for the 11:30 Thanksgiving prayer service on Wednesday.
- Please monitor Power School as we near the end of the trimester. Students need to earn 25 AR points by then.
- When students have missing work, I give them a slip listing the work. My expectation is that the work is completed and returned the next day with the slip. It is up to the student to do the work and turn it in to receive credit. Your support through daily planner checks is encouraged and greatly appreciate. Additionally, you can refer to Power School to monitor assignments.
Everyone deserves a standing ovation at least once in their life.
November class precept