Summit High School
- We are so EXCITED that Summit is re-opening for in-person instruction on Monday, May 3rd! Hopefully, you received the letter from the Superintendent’s Office about the re-opening. If you did not, here is a copy of Mr. Bassett’s letter. Please click here for detailed directions on how to access the survey. Parents, it is extremely important that you take the Commitment Survey on Q Parent Connection by this Tuesday, April 20, 2021.
- Parents, we will have a “Return to School Parent Meeting” on Thursday, April 29th at 6:00 PM. The link to the meeting will be posted on the Summit website the day of.
- Our new library hours are 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Ms. Grace Torres, our Librarian Specialist, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our office hours are 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Please click here for our Quick Reference to our direct extensions.
- Hello, Seniors! Be sure to come by school this Wednesday to pick-up your special Senior gift. We will be giving them out in the North parking lot. Last names starting with A-H between 2:00 - 3:00 PM. Last names I-Q between 3:00 - 4:00 PM. Last names R-Z between 4:00 - 5:00 PM.
- Link Crew is hosting a fun drive thru event for all students this Wednesday from 2-5 PM in the North Parking lot. Come join in the fun and receive a free grab bag!
- Attention AP Students! College Board has made a few changes to some digital exams. Please review the AP 2021 attachment. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Tedder at MendVi@fusd.net.
- Congratulations to our awesome Basketball team who played their first game of the year and easily defeated Upland High School! Baseball had a great game against Miller on Friday and another congratulation goes out to our Football team for an amazing season!
- This Week in Sports! If you have any questions regarding sports, please contact our Athletic Director, Robert Peterson, at PeteRa@fusd.net.
- Wednesday, 4/21 at 4 PM- Varsity Softball - Home vs. Fontana
- Wednesday, 4/21 at 4 PM- Varsity Girl's Soccer - Away vs. Fontana
- Thursday, 4/22 at 4 PM- Varsity Girl's & Boy's Tennis - Home vs. Jurupa Hills
- Friday, 4/23 at 4 PM- Varsity Baseball - Away vs. Kaiser
- Friday, 4/23 at 4 PM- Varsity Softball - Home vs. Kaiser
- Friday, 4/23 at 4 PM- Varsity Girl's Soccer - Home vs. AB Miller
- On Wednesdays, our incredible Counselors are offering Wellness Wednesday activities during student support time! Come and hang out and enjoy some relaxing “you” time.
- We have our Grab and Go meals each Wednesday between 9:00 - 11:00 AM and between 2:00 - 5:00 PM. There is a new menu this month. Check out the Daily Bulletin on our website to see all the delicious new offerings.
- Summer School sign-ups will begin TODAY Monday, April 19th. Click here for all the information regarding our Summer School.
- Seniors! Do you have questions about college or financial aid? Mr. Jennings and Mrs. Kiggins are here to help you every Wednesday from 7-9 PM. Click here for more info.
- We will be hosting a Parent Workshop on how to navigate Microsoft Teams and participate in their child's education. We'll be covering how students/parents can use channels, complete assignments, access the ClassNotebook, and use the calendar in order to be successful. This workshop will be offered on April 21st at 6 PM. Register here.
- Summit Counselors will be hosting a Parent Workshop series on Mondays from 6-7 PM. April 19 on Loneliness, April 26 on Adaptation, and April 29 on Gratitude. More info and how to register here.
- Parents, we will have a Parent Advisory Gate Meeting on April 19th at 6:00 PM via Teams. The link will be e-mailed the week before the meeting. We hope you can join us!
Just a reminder that due to the pandemic, most employees are working remotely until May 3rd. The best way to contact one of us is through e-mail, and you should receive a quick reply. We’re still readily available to support you. Listed below are some of our more popular e-mails:
Mr. Cerda ASB Director: email@example.com
Ms. Tedder, AP Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
ASB Bookkeeper: email@example.com
Ms. Kiggins: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ciprian: email@example.com
Ms. Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Gonzalez-Torres: email@example.com
Ms. Buoye: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Murillo: email@example.com
Mr. Lopez, Assistant Principal 12th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Hannon, Assistant Principal 11th Grade: email@example.com
Mr. Peterson, Athletic Director and 10th Grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Guerrucci-Pierce, Assistant Principal 9th Grade: email@example.com
Ms. Castanon, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need an e-mail that isn’t listed here, please e-mail me at email@example.com and I’ll provide it.
As always, have a wonderful week!
Ms. Renee Castanon, Principal
909.357.5950 ext. 15107
Traducción en español
Haga clic en la caja negra de arriba donde dice “Tranlate Newsletter” y escoja español como su idioma.
2020-2021 School Calendar - updated
Important Links for Quick Reference:
Summit High Administrators
12th Grade Assistant Principal
11th Grade Assistant Principal
10th Grade & Athletic Director
Your Summit SkyHawk Counselors!
Last names: HE - ML
Last names: MO - ROD
Last names: ROJ - Z