Third Grade Thoughts
- Headphones/earbuds are a MUST for school each day. Please be sure your child has a working set and brings them every day.
- Be sure to send a water bottles and mask with your child each day.
- Please make sure your child is getting all their work turned in and studying their spelling words and math facts at home.
- Please send a jacket (labeled with name) with your child each day for recess.
- Don't forget our Lexia and Dreambox competitions! The child with the most units/lessons completed successfully each week is our champion. This is also something students can do at home.
Please be sure your child has WORKING earbuds/headphones. Good quality headphones are wonderful, but we recommend also having a backup pair from the Dollar Tree in case of emergencies.
What We Are Learning
We are exploring different reading genres. So far, we have read Traditional Tales and Folktales, Realistic Fiction, Informational Texts and are now reading Biographies and Autobiographies.
Reading is so important! Please have your child read at least 20 minutes each day at home.
After reading, ask your child questions about the story. Have your child tell you a summary of each chapter they read or describe their favorite part of the story.
We are beginning Division this month! This is another skill that is great to practice hands-on and apply in real life situations. Have students practice this skill around the house by dealing cards or separating other objects into equal groups. Have them set goals for reading a book. Help them determine how many pages they will need to read each day if they want to finish in a week.
Students have done very well with learning all of the different ways to multiply, but if they have not memorized their multiplication facts, that is a MUST for being able to quickly and accurately solve division problems. Please be sure your child is studying their multiplication facts every day as part of their homework routine.