River Ridge Elementary 2015-2016
- Aug. 24 First Day of School
- Aug. 31 2nd-5th Grade PACE Math Screening Window Opens
- Aug. 31 DRA Window Opens Grades K-5
- Sept. 7 No School Holiday
- Sept. 8 TPRI Window Opens for Grades 1-2
- Sept. 14 Math Pilot Baseline Opens for Grades K-1
- Sept. 16 Early Release
- Sept. 21 TPRI Scores DUE in AWARE for Grades 1-2
- Sept. 23 Progress Reports Go Home
- Sept. 25 DRA Scores DUE in AWARE Grades 1-5
For more important dates, view the entire District Assessment Calendar!
PACE Screening Information
- 2nd-5th Grade New to District PACE Screening Begins August 31st
- 1st Grade PACE screening will take place October 19th-23rd with instruction beginning November 1st. (More information will be available soon.)
2nd-5th grade teams, please sign up for a time for me to pull your new to district students.
Bridges Educator Site
Online you can find:
- Curriculum Updates-Check for any updates to your Bridges Curriculum!
- Curriculum Materials-Your complete library of teacher and student materials for viewing or downloading.
- Resources-A curated collection of games, books, videos, and more to enhance students’ learning.
- Implementation-Blog with great ideas, Material Lists, Quick Start Guides, Assessment Tools
- You can also find Overviews, Virtual Manipulatives, Scope and Sequence, TEKS Correlations, and much more!
You will need to be logged in to the Bridge Website to access the educator resources. If you forgot your password, click on the "Forgot Password" link. Enter your LISD email address.
Not sure what should be in your Math Manipulative Inventory?
I have distributed some replacement materials for your Bridges kit. Here is what I've passed out:
- Consumable number racks for all K-2 teachers. These come in packs of 10 and each teacher should get 2 packs. The team lead has an extra pack of 10 to share with the team. Let me know if you need any extra once you know how many students you have. These are in your boxes in the workroom.
- Money Value Pieces - one pack for each 3rd grade math teacher. These are in your boxes in the workroom.
- Folding Geo Shapes - one set for each 3rd grade math teacher - These have not arrived yet. I'll email 3rd grade when they come.
- Omnifix cubes - one set of 1500 for each 5th grade math teacher. These are in your room or right outside your room.
If you need any items, please let me know and I will see if the math department has what you need!
Download Inventory at: https://sites.google.com/a/leanderisd.org/lisd-elementary-math/instructional-resources
Check here to see this year's module rotation schedule.
Critters: Order online!
One person per team will need to order critters. Order for the whole year!
Critter Order Forms are located on the Curriculum Website. The link can be found under the appropriate science module for your grade level.
Grades 3-5 Performance Tasks
Remember: You can break the performance task up and administer on multiple days as soon as the window opens!
Don't forget to use your TigTag Account for some GREAT Resources! The login for TigTag is the same as your Leander ISD login!
Social Studies Resource Adoption
Each team's resources have been delievered to your neighborhood. We will discuss how to organize and make use of these materials during our In-Service Week.
Handwriting Without Tears Workbooks
LISD Curriculum Website contains Units of Study for the Entire Year. Links to Assessment Calendar, PACE Math Information, and more district resources.
Draft Report Cards
Google document with information on how to log on to many LISD resources. Thanks to Sarah Yanes for putting this together.
Please note, because of the implementation schedule, 2nd-5th grades will not receive additional iPads until next year. If you were issued an iPad during EduCate Ignite last year, you will keep that iPad. It will be moved to a student device at some point this year.
K-1 classrooms will not receive document cameras this year.
We will spend some time together next week talk about the new template and getting to know the variety of devices.
I am here to support you in any area you need. Complete the quick form and I'll be in touch soon.
Meet the Instructional Coach
I began teaching 10 years ago at Winkley Elementary in Leander. Pleasant Hill was my work home for the last 6 years. I've been blessed to have taught in several different positions including Special Education and Kindergarten. I enjoy learning and trying new things.
It is going to be a great year at River Ridge! I look forward to helping each teacher achieve their goals for their classroom.