Edgar Allan Poe
~Annamarie Leesabet Faszholz
- Edgar Allan Poe was a author who wrote morbid mystery writings.
- Poe's childhood was dreadful; he lost both of his parents by the age of 3.
- A big part Of Poe's life was filled with death because all the women he loved, like his mother and wife, died to tuberculosis.
- Poe's first work, "Tamerlane and Other Poems" was published in 1827.
- Edgar's most successful writing was "The Raven".
- Themes from his life that he ties into his work are morbidity and dreadful.
- Poe's death was a mystery because he was found in someone else's clothes in a bar intoxicated, and then later found in a street dead.
- Edgar Allan Poe influenced the literature world because he was one of the first major horror writers.
- Poe's stories fall into the horror genre.