NFHS Counseling Newsletter
End of Year 2021-2022
SUMMER SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
*If you are interested in taking advantage of a summer school opportunity, please contact your student's counselor for more information on registration*
Forsyth County Summer School:
Location: Otwell Middle School (Bus Transportation Provided)
When: Wednesday, June 1st - Thursday, June 30th (Monday - Thursday, except first week)
- Session 1: Math Academy 8:00 am - 11:30 am
- Session 2: ELA, Science, or Social 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Report to session on time each day
- Complete the course by Thursday, June 30th, 2022
- You will be required to take an EOC for the following courses: GSE Algebra I, American Literature, Biology, and US History. Students must report for EOC testing.
Reminder: When a student fails and then retakes the same course, both courses and both grades are posted on the student’s transcript. Retaking and passing the course does not replace the failing grade.
Virtual Summer Courses
CLASS OF 2022
SENIOR CLASS NEWS
SENIOR AWARDS CEREMONY
If you are receiving a scholarship (other than for athletics or the HOPE/Zell Miller scholarship), please report this scholarship using the form below by May. 6th. We want to celebrate you!
FINAL TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS
**FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT STUDENTS - You will also need to send a final transcript from your college if you are attending a different one next year!
**FOR AP TESTS - Reminder to send your college these scores as well!
SUMMER ENRICHMENT OPPORTUNIES
National Intelligence Summer Academy (NISA)
Are you thrilled or fascinated by the field of intelligence – spying and counter spying?
Are you considering a career in the U.S. Intelligence Community? Did you know that the U.S. Intelligence Community is made up of 18 separate agencies? Sign up for an intense and exciting five days of learning from highly qualified Master’s and Ph.D. University of North Georgia instructors and practitioners from July 18-22, 2022.
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2022
UNG - Summer Honors Program
- Camp Dates: June 12 - June 24, 2022
- Application Due Date: May 15, 2022
- Cost: $1,420 per camper
- Prices/fees are subject to change without notice.
- Who Can Apply: High school students between their junior and senior year of high school with a GPA of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale