Pioneer Family Communication
Week of February 5, 2023 - February 12, 2023
Updates from the Pioneer Leadership Team
We look forward to welcoming our future Pioneer families tomorrow night in Schreiber Hall. Please share the information below with any prospective Pioneer.
Incoming 9th Grade Curriculum Night
Wednesday is student count day. We encourage all students to please be on time and in attendance for every class. Thank you for all of your support.
Pioneer Leadership Team
Ms. Britton, Dr. Hyliard, Ms. Claar, Mr. Hudson, Ms. Bullinger
Pioneer Administrative Team Contacts
9th & 11th Grade - Dr. Hyliard - email@example.com
Athletic Director - Ms. Claar - firstname.lastname@example.org
10th & 12th Grade - Mr. Hudson - email@example.com
9th Grade Dean - Ms. Bullinger - firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT DATES - PIONEER
2/7/23 - Incoming 9th grade Curriculum Night
2/8/23 - Student Count Day
GREAT NEWS @ PIONEER!
The Pioneer Bands sent 141 events to MSBOA District 12 Solo and Ensemble Festival this year. Of those events, we received 112 Division I ratings (events eligible for the state competition in March), 16 Division II ratings, and 13 events which perform for comments only. CONGRATS ONE AND ALL!
PIONEER BELL SCHEDULE
Dear Pioneer families,
Thank you so much for helping our Pioneer community by donating to Pioneer’s Winter Giving and Staff Appreciation events this holiday season. Your support has made a huge difference to families in need and staff at Pioneer.
With your support, we were able to help 46 families, including over 100 students with groceries, clothing and gifts. In addition, every member of our staff was able to select a gift card and enjoy some holiday goodies.
We couldn’t have done this without your help and support. Thank you very much for your kindness and generosity.
We have another wonderful opportunity to volunteer at Pioneer with the upcoming Winter dance— Jan. 20th. If you are interested in chaperoning/volunteering at the dance, please fill out the following form. There is also a signature form that needs to be completed and returned to the school at the end of the form. There are two time slots 8- 10 pm and 10- 12 pm. We will need plenty of help to make sure that our student can have a memorable time.
Pioneer Testing Updates
MME Spring Testing
The following MME exams will be given to ALL Pioneer Students in 9th - 11th Grades. All students are registered.
*SAT w/essay - 4/12/23 - Class of 2024
*ACT WorkKeys+ - 4/13/23 - Class of 2024
*M-STEP - Dates TBD - Class of 2024
PSAT 10 - 4/12/23 - Class of 2025
PSAT 9 - 4/13/23 - Class of 2026
Questions? Email Dr. Hyliard - email@example.com
Tentative Spring Testing Schedule - April 12 & April 13, 2023
Reminders: Where to find resources for students and families
- Community Resources webpage: a2schools.org/communityresources. We update this page regularly with new resources. Feel free to share with families!
- Community Resources email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any staff person can use this email if you have a question about where to find a resource for a student or family in the community.
Social Service and Partner Resources
- Have a family or student in need of food? Check Food Gatherers!
- Food Gatherers is the hub for food resources. Families and staff can call their office for help with food needs. FG can help connect families to food pantries and/or provide emergency food kits. foodgatherers.org/foodresources/ “FIND FOOD”
- Does a student need medical or mental health services? Try RAHS
- The RAHS Clinics, located at Pioneer, Pathways and Scarlett, are open and available to ANY student, not just those who attend those schools.
- RAHS can help families and students who are under insured or have no insurance.
- Some services RAHS offers: Nutrition Services, Vision/Dental, Confidential Mental Health Services and Psychotherapy.
- See flyers for details: Pathways, Pioneer, Scarlett.
- Questions about RAHS? Staff can reach out to AAPS Health and Wellbeing Coordinator Elyse Bairley: email@example.com
- Have a family who needs help completing online applications for SNAP, medical benefits or other assistance?
- You can send them to the U-M Public Benefits Advocacy Project.
- Flyer here.
- Have a Grandparent or other relative raising a Grandchild?
ACTION @ PIONEER - READY TO LEAD! - HERE TO ASSIST!
Upperclassmen Leadership Meeting is every Tuesday during early lunch in C311.
PIONEER COUNSELING LINKS
*Please report to the Counseling Office if you have a gap in your schedule, you have a class that you have already had, or you have a class scheduled twice.
*Please DO NOT report to the Counseling Office during the week of 8/29/22 for course requests. Counselors are handling all changes via the electronic form linked above.