Ms. Frehner's Weekly Announcements
November 12, 2013
This Week's Standards
In math this week, we will be focusing on standards 4.OA.5 which deals with number and shape patterns. By the end of the week, students will be expected to...
- ...generate a number or shape pattern that follows a given rule.
- ...identify features of the pattern.
In language arts this week, we will be focusing on standards RI.4.5 and L.4.1.g which deal with text structure (i.e. chronological, cause/effect, comparison, problem/solution) and correct usage of frequently confused words (to/too/two, there/their/they're) By the end of the week, students will be expected to...
- ...identify the overall structure used in an informational text.
- ...correctly use frequently confused words.
- Wednesday, November 13th: I will be attending a professional development out of my office. This means that both our regular Live Help at 8 am and Class Connect at 1 pm will be canceled. In place of our class connect, students will be expected to explore text structures using the graphic organizer sent via k-mail and website posted directly below.
- Friday, November 15th: I will be attending our field trip to the National Geographic Exhibit at the Venetian; therefore, class will be canceled. Work samples will need to be completed and submitted on your own time (maybe during the 1:00 time that is now open).
National Geographic Exhibit @ The Venetian
Friday, Nov. 15th 2013 at 10am
3355 South Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV
We will begin our book club next week (November 18th). Make sure that you vote on your book choice HERE by this Wednesday! More information will come out later this week.
Drop an Elective
You have the choice to drop either your music or foreign language course. If you would like to drop one of these electives, please let me know ASAP either by sending a k-mail request or calling my office at (702) 407-1825 x7055.
Our next writing workshop will be covering Composition 4: Unit 3 - Writing a Book Review. You may skip this unit in your composition course until we get to it in January.