Back to School 2016-17
WHPS Tech Tips
Synergyse is now called Training for Google Apps
What's new in Google Classroom? Here's a description of new features that were added over the summer with links to more information. To get the latest updates on Classroom, follow Google for Education on Google+ or Twitter and subscribe to the Google for Education blog.
- Guardian summaries: Teachers and administrators can invite guardians to sign up for email summaries to keep up with their students. Guardians can choose how often to get a summary—daily or weekly—and can unsubscribe at any time. Summaries include a student’s missing or upcoming work as well as new announcements and questions posted by teachers in the class stream.
- Topics for stream organization: Teachers can organize the class stream by adding topics to posts. Teachers and students can filter the stream by topic.
- Teachers and students can preview materials attached to assignments or posts.
- Teachers can add a subject when creating a class.
New mobile app features:
- Mobile annotations: Teachers and students can draw on, highlight, and write notes on documents and PDFs in the Classroom mobile app.
- Teachers can poll their students using multiple-choice questions and allow students to see a summary of their classmates' answers.
- On Apple® iOS®, teachers can post to multiple classes.
Updated mobile app features:
- On Android, teachers can create assignments or questions without a due date.
- On iOS, teachers can mute students directly from the student's comment.
Updated iOS features:
- Teachers can invite students and co-teachers to join their classes.
- Teachers can mute students.
- Teachers can create or schedule assignments or questions without a due date.