Here's what's happening at Life School Carrollton! #CHIRP
Update From Mrs. Villavaso for July!
A note from Mrs. Villavaso
As always, I am grateful for our Life School Carrollton Family and I miss each of you very much. I know that these are very challenging times for us all. I wish I could take that feeling away from you by snapping my fingers and have everything back to normal. Life has ups and downs, and sometimes the tough days make us appreciate the good ones a lot more. I know for me, I certainly appreciate the way things used to be. However, during times like these, I always try to remind myself "why" I do the work I do, and nothing is a better reminder than these moments of knowing I have your support and encouragement, and we are getting through this together. I can promise you that my team is giving everything we can to provide comfort and a feeling of normalcy during this season. You are always on my mind and in my heart to do everything I can to make things better. Afterall, we are Cardinals!
We are eager to start the 2020-2021 school year and make new memories.It is our promise and commitment to maintain our traditions of providing a rigorous curriculum for our students, regardless of remote or face-to-face learning, and celebrate student successes along the way.
Thank you for everyone who has reached out with word of support, questions and comments. We will continue to navigate this process together, and I promise to keep in touch! Remember, here at Life School Carrollton we CHIRP! We are Caring and Helpful, show Integrity and Respect, and always stay Positive!
Have a fabulous week!
District Virtual Meeting
We encourage you to visit our Back to School FAQ page as questions and answers are updated when new information becomes available. Please submit any additional questions you have by clicking this link and we will work to address as many of these as possible during the meeting.
Virtual Parent Orientation- Aug 12 at 5 pm
Please plan to join us for our Virtual Parent Orientation on Wednesday, Aug 12th at 5 pm.
- Introduce the administration
- Discuss ways to stay connected through Facebook, Twitter, Remind, Parent Portal, weekly newsletters, parent meetings/events, etc.
- LifeLeader lessons and character training with Mrs. Lewis
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Program
- Lunch and Breakfast-Lunch Form and My School Bucks
- Title I Schoolwide Indicator
- Arrival and Dismissal Map and Hang Tags
- Kids Club- After school care
- Medication and Emergency Contact
- Mask Policy
- Safety and Security
- School Remote Start- Aug 19th
- Remote Instruction Overview and Google Classroom
- Student Success Bag and Device Pick-up- Aug 13 and Aug 14.
Device and Student Success Bag Pick-up
Family Picnic- Meet and Greet
School Start and Times
2020-2021 School Supplies
If you choose to pick-up your supplies, please email email@example.com to schedule a time.
**School uniform shirts are preferred for all synchronous remote learning.
**Masks will also be required when we return to campus.
Life School is a school of choice that requires students to wear uniforms. Student uniforms make a statement that students belong to a unique school environment with a strong commitment to educational excellence. The uniqueness of the student does not rest in the apparel they wear, but in the inner qualities and gifts of the student.
Uniforms must have the Life School crest.
- Grades K-12- White oxford shirt (button-down collar)
- Grades K-6- Red or navy polo shirt, (long or short sleeved)
- Grades K-12 - Navy cardigan, “V” neck sweater or sweatshirt (uniform shirts must be worn underneath)
- Only school uniform jackets are allowed to be worn in the building. Non-school jackets may be worn at the discretion of administration and outdoors.
- Grades K-12 – may be worn Monday – Friday (uniform shirts must be worn underneath)
- Grades K-6 - Navy pants or walking shorts (no more than 2 inches above the knee)
- The following examples are unacceptable: cargo pants, cargo shorts, jogger pants and denim wear.
- All pants or shorts must be worn with a belt
Skirts/Jumpers/Modesty Skirts* (no more than 2 inches above the knee)
- Grades K-3 - Plaid jumper (no skirts)
- Grades K-3 - Navy modesty skirts
- Grades 4-6 - Plaid or navy modesty skirt
Girls should wear navy modesty shorts under jumpers and skirts
Accessories (Grades K-12)
- Required for 5th-12th grades only and must be worn at the natural waist.
- Must be solid colors.
- Girls may wear 1 earring per ear.
- Earrings may be either stud-style or hoop (smaller than a quarter).
- Hoop (larger than a quarter) or dangling earrings are not allowed.
- Boys are not permitted to wear earrings.
- Piercings anywhere else on the body except girls’ ears are not allowed Necklaces and bracelets must be thin and conservative and must coordinate with the uniform.
- Flashy, large jewelry will not be permitted.
- Multiple necklaces or bracelets will not be allowed.
Shoes (Grades K-12)
Appropriate shoes, with non-marking soles, must be worn at all times (can be athletic, loafer style, or dress shoes). The following examples are unacceptable: house shoes, sandals, flip- flops, wheeled shoes, light up shoes, open-toed shoes, or shoes with more than 1" heels. Shoes must have both closed toe and closed heel.
OPTIONAL FRIDAY UNIFORM (GRADES K-12)
Life School t-shirts and sweatshirts may be worn with uniform pants, shorts or skirts. Life School sponsored t-shirts, sweatshirts, spirit wear, college shirts or college jackets may be worn at the discretion of administration.
In order to minimize loss and simplify identification, all clothing should be labeled.