Basic Information .
- James Oglethorpe founded the colony Georgia .
- The colony Georgia was founded in 1733 .
- It was founded because it was the last English colony established on the North American mainland , James had 35 families many of them were released from debtors prison . James wanted to to start a new colony people & give them a second chance in life .
- people wanted to come here to start a new life .
- Georgia was a proprietary colony , Which meant there was four different type of proprietary , Royal , Joint stock , Or covenant .
- Proprietary colony
Relationship with Natives
- James wanted the natives to move because the colony was supposed to be for the people that came from the debtors prison , But it was never fulfilled and 116 men ,, women & children was selected to become the original colonists
Economics , Trade & Crops .
Religious freedom for baptists & Anglican & others