Board Brief 9.29.20
What a great sight to see all the students and families in person Monday night at the Board meeting to celebrate our September Champions of the Month and all the great things happening in Liberty Hill ISD.
Recognition: Champions of the Month
Student of the Month:
- Liberty Hill Elementary - JW Hert
- Bill Burden Elementary - Emma Schneider
- Rancho Sienna Elementary - Thien Kim Nguyen Pham
- Santa Rita Elementary - Jaycee Postalwait
- Liberty Hill Intermediate - Oakley Albert
- Liberty Hill Junior High - Paige Pringle
- Liberty Hill High School - Simon Hurley
- Natalia Doble - Liberty Hill Elementary
- Michaella Ellis - Liberty Hill Elementary
- Melissa Harrington - Liberty Hill High School
- Mr. Travis Motal - Texas Association of Secondary School Principals as a Region 13 Outstanding Middle School Principal of the Year.
- Recognized the Strategic Planning Committee, Action Team Leaders, and their Committees for their dedication on the 10-month strategic planning journey. The group was passionate about the future of LHISD and the type of district we aspire to become as we manage the growth and leverage our future resources.
Information and Updates
- Superintendent Steve Snell presented ISD updates on COVID19 and creating a policy of naming future schools.
- 2019-2020 Data Regarding our ESL and Bilingual Program presented by Ms. Candy Tijerina
Dr. Toni Hicks presented the Asynchronous Learning Plan
- Construction Update presented by Casey Sledge he went over the Alliance Geotechnical Materials Testing at High School Addition.
- The 2020-21 Liberty Hill Independent School District Investment Policy and Investment Strategy presented by Rosanna Guerrero, CFO, was approved.
- The Board approved the Final LHISD Strategic Plan presented by Kristy Kercheville, Director of Communications & Community Relations.
- Kathy Major was nominated as Liberty Hill ISD Board Member Delegate for the 2020 TASB txEDCON Convention.
- Approved additional student Chromebooks for a 1x1 ratio, presented by CTO Jay Olivier.
- Authorization of Materials Testing for the High School Additions
- The Board authorized the use of 2018 Bond Funds for the Junior High Dance Floor, the District First Responder Mapping, and the Accessible sidewalks to the playgrounds for $69,730
- The charge to Superintendent Snell to create a Long Range Planning Committee was approved.
The Board approved the following:
- Danette Baker, a 4th-grade teacher at Bill Burden Elementary (Replacement position)
- Sara Bobbitt, pre-K teacher (Replacement position)
- Laura Morrison, Interventionist at Rancho Sienna Elementary (Replacement position)
- Kristina Jones -a 1st-grade teacher at Santa Rita Elementary (New position)
- Carla Seeley - Resource and Inclusion teacher at Santa Rita Elementary (Replacement position)
- Jennifer Norrell - 5th grade Science teacher at the Intermediate (Replacement position)
Liberty Hill High School
Teacher of the Month - Liberty Hill Elementary
Staff Members of the Month - Liberty Hill High School and Liberty Hill Elementary
Region 13 Principal - Mr. Motal
Strategic Planning Committee and Action Teams being recognized.
Casey Sledge with Sledge Engineering giving Construction update.
They will play at LH against Glenn at 4:30 pm Friday, 10/2.
Get out in this beautiful weather and support your LH tennis program!
Lady Panther Volleyball
The Lady Panthers fought hard but lost Tuesday's home conference match against Leander by a score of 3-2.
The varsity volleyball team has a home conference match vs. Leander this
Friday, October 2 @ 6:15 pm at the high school.
Bring your best ladies - you can do it! Good luck LH!!
The Panthers sent Killeen Ellison home with a loss on the scoreboard of 44-25. Great game players and coaches!
Even though we couldn't open up the gates for all of Panther Nation, it was heartfelt to see the Seniors and their families walk across the field and hear cheers from the stands with the band playing loud and proud. It was great finally seeing the stadium lights on and players on the field.
WATCH THE VARSITY GAME LIVE Del Valle vs Liberty Hill Friday 10/2/2020
Coverage begins at 7:30 pm For the Live Link click here: https://bit.ly/3jdEAwF
GOOD LUCK PANTHERS!!
NEW COVID-19 LIVE DASHBOARD AND AFTER HOURS COVID REPORTING RESOURCES
LHISD has launched two new resources on the Return to Learn website to help staff, families, and the community stay informed of the COVID presumptive or positive cases in our district. An after-hours process for our parents has also been implemented to notify the Health Services Department of presumptive or positive COVID cases after hours. These resources are located on the district Return to Learn webpage at this link.
REMIND- District Communication Platform for COVID-19 Notifications
The Health Services department will be sending COVID-19 notifications to parents using Remind versus Skyward; the Health Service team will also follow up with a phone call. Remind is one of the channels teachers and staff currently use for classroom or extra-curricular communication. The district is moving to this platform as it’s functionality will provide a faster and easier notification process for our Health Service team and parents during this challenging time. All campuses will be participating in this initiative. Parents will not need to enroll or activate an account as it is synced with Skyward and will automatically send you the messages.