U6: New York City
Decatur Youth Soccer
Practice This Week
- Team work: You guys helped each other and passed well!
- Sportsmanship: I liked how you offered to help the other team when they fell down.
- Scoring: Every person on our team scored at least one goal! That is fantastic.
I realized when I looked at my calendar that this Thursday is a religious holiday for me. I need to CANCEL practice for this Thursday (4/2).
Please note that I've added 2 practices on Saturdays when I thought we would have games.
I know we are going to have a great season together. Keep up the good work!
Our next practice is Saturday (4/4) at 10 am @ Point Mallard!!!
Tue 4-7-15 6:45 PM (Point Mallard, Field 5) vs. Coach Clark-Kansas City
Tue 4-14-15 5:45 PM (Point Mallard, Field 4) @ Coach Hall-Toronto
Tue 4-21-15 6:45 PM (Jack Allen- Field M19) @ Coach Robertson-San Jose
Sat 4-25-15 10:00 AM (Jack Allen- Field M19) vs. Coach Stewart-Los Angeles
Tue 4-28-15 5:45 PM (Jack Allen- Field M18) @ Coach Blankenship-Dallas
Tue 5-5-15 6:45 (Point Mallard, Field 4) vs. Coach Jackson-St. Louis
Sat 5-9-15 9:00 (Point Mallard, Field 4) vs. Coach Jones-Houston
Tue 5-12-15 5:45 (Jack Allen- Field M19) @Coach Clark-Kansas City
Sat 5-16-15 DECATUR CUP TOURNAMENT We will probably start at 9 or 10 and play 3 20-minute games. After the game we'll have our picnic.
SEE GAME RULES BELOW
From the Coaching Handbook:
My goal for our team is to have fun and learn about soccer. I hope they all love it and choose to play again in the fall.
We will have 3 kids on the field at a time and the game is separated into 4 quarters. I will sub in at the quarter. Each kid will play at least 1/2 of the game. If we have missing players, some kids will have to play more (because we only have 6 on the team).
At the coaches meeting, they wanted us to make sure we went over this with parents before games started.
Decatur Soccer wants to emphasize 6 ways of showing sportsmanship for parents:
- Cheer for every child--even those on the other team: What a surprising difference it makes when parents make an effort to applaud a good effort or fine play--no matter which child makes it!
- Talk to parents on the other teams: They are not the enemy
- Be a parent, not a coach: Resist the urge to critique. Sometimes (especially at this early age) pointing out mistakes when the game is brand new may discourage your child.
- Keep soccer in its proper perspective: If your child's performance produces strong emotions in you, keep them under wraps.
- Have fun!
End of Season Party
Thank you to all of the parents who have RSVPed to the picnic. Please sign up to bring something to eat or drink.
I've reserved the pavilion at Jack Allen for our end of the season party. When our games are over, we can walk over there and set up our picnic. It is right by the playground so the kids can play and have fun. I need some help getting it set up. Please sign up to bring something here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e054eabaa22a20-endofthe
I am also going to order medals engraved with the kids' names and I will give them to the kids at the end of the picnic. They cost $8 each. Please get the money to me by May 9th.
Practices and Games
- Tuesday & Thursday | 5:45 | PM #4 / JA M16
- Saturday | 10am | PM #4 / JA M16
We will practice on 3/17, 3/21, 3/26, 3/28, 4/2 (CANCELED), 4/4, 4/11, and 4/18. All practice days are at Point Mallard.
We will have games on 4/7, 4/14, 4/21, 4/25, 4/28, 5/5, 5/9, 5/12, and THE DECATUR CUP on 5/16.
After THE DECATUR CUP, we will have a team party.