From the Nurse's Office
Heart Health Month
Taking care of your ticker
· Be an example! Make good food choices and exercise daily. Your kids are watching.
· Encourage your child to participate in school physical activity programs.
· Teach your child about healthy food choices and fun ways to stay active. Set reasonable goals and celebrate when those are met!
· Avoid using food as a reward and exercise as punishment. That will create a bad relationship with food and exercise.
· Watch out for weight concerns and stigma your child may have. Address and intervene on all types of bullying, including weight discrimination and teasing about body shape or size.