MIS Good Things
Happy December Birthdays!
Susan Menkel - Dec. 1stKari Steffen - Dec. 1st
Raymond Alexander - Dec. 6th
Dawn Baierlein - Dec. 10th
Kristina Thoennes - Dec. 20th
Christina Welch - Dec. 21st
Erin Anders - Dec. 22nd
Enola Lynch - Dec. 29th
2nd Quarter Focus
Collaboration and Communication
Our focus for this quarter will be on these two of the 4 C's along with reviewing the SAMR model. Research proves that students will achieve and learn more when they interact with their peers. Here are some ideas for getting students collaborating and communicating with each other!
- Students work in teams to prepare their own study material Infographics to share with other class members or other teachers' classes (Try Piktochart)
- Pair classes in common content areas to create and play virtual games against each other using Jeopardy Labs, Quizizz or Socrative.
- Have students create a collaborative study guide using Google Docs to collaborate virtually with another teacher's class.
- Use student-led small groups to review key concepts in station-style rotations. Consider using Today's Meet for a backchannel or use Real Time Board for interactive whiteboards.
- Have students create newsletters to share with parents about what they've learned - practicing their synthesizing skills and using images to support (cited properly of course!). Try Smore.
- Set up a Mystery Skype or Google Hangout with another classroom in the district or an outside expert in your content area. Let students develop questions to ask related to their studies, or teach a lower level grade about topics they are "experts" in. Click here for more information on Connecting Outside the Classroom.
SAS Curriculum Pathways
Knovation's Digital Learning Awards Program
If you haven't been using iCurio and are curious about it's features, please let me know and we can sit and look at it together...
New Technology Work Order System
Please update your bookmarks with this new site: https://techhelp.mgsd.k12.nc.us/
You will be required to login to this website with your AD credentials (the same username and password you use to login to your laptop).
This new system is more robust and will provide better reporting and accuracy. This will then provide you with better support and service.