The Jaguar Journal
Volume 1 | Issue 11
Dear SFX Family,
Due to expected severe weather from Hurricane Zeta, Catholic schools will be conducting At-Home Learning tomorrow, Wednesday, October 28 in order to preserve instructional minutes for the school year. Teachers will post assignments on Google Classroom (K-7) by 8:00 AM tomorrow morning, and teachers in PK2-PK4 will send home work today. Students and teachers will not be expected to be "live." We hope to return to school on Thursday, October 29, at which time assignments will be due. However, we understand that the weather may cause power outages and/or internet service interruption which would prevent the completion of assignments. Please notify you child's teacher if this is the case.
I will continue to update you as I receive information. Please join me in praying for the safety of all during Hurricane Zeta. Our Lady of Prompt Succor, hasten to help us!
Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Friday, November 13. These will be held virtually. Teachers will send sign-up and access information at the beginning of next week. Please note that Tuesday, November 3 is a Day of Formation for all Archdiocesan employees with no school for students. Also, Tuesday, November 10 is an early dismissal day (1:30 PM) with no aftercare for our monthly faculty in-service.
I would like to thank everyone who made Trunk or Treat a success on Saturday night! It was a fun evening for all. Your hard work is much appreciated!
May God bless you and keep you,
Jessica A. Dwyer, M.Ed.
Click here for the October cafeteria menus.
Click here for the November cafeteria menus.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- October 29 - Halloween Costume Day
- October 30 - All Saints Day Observed - Dress as a Saint; Masses
- November 3 - No School - Archdiocesan Day of Formation for Faculty & Staff
- November 10 - Early Dismissal & No ASC
- November 13 - Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences
*The revised calendar at a glance can be found on the School News Page of Gradelink or downloaded below.
NOTE: The most up-to-date information is on the school Google calendar.
Halloween Costume Day
- Students may not bring any weapon-like accessories to school.
- Students may not wear any gory, scary, or violent costumes - Please be thoughtful in your choices remembering that we have students as young as 2 years old on campus.
- We request that our students do not wear political costumes to school.
- All students must still wear their face mask to school with their costume.
- Students should not wear any costume that would obstruct their view in class or that of others.
St. Francis-Ochsner Partnership
Here we will share COVID-19 information and recommendations from our partners at Ochsner.
Click here for information from Ochsner regarding Flu Season, Isolation, & Quarantine
Click here to watch the Healthy School’s video answer the question “Why do I have to follow so many rules if I do not feel sick?"
In and Around SFX
The KCs will host a Spaghetti To-Go Dinner this Sunday after the 10 AM and 12 noon Masses. Meals are $10 each. Please support the KCs.
Our Church will host a 40-Hour Devotion seeking God’s blessing and peace in next week’s elections. The Blessed Sacrament will be on the Main Altar in Church for 40 hours straight from 4:00 AM on Monday, Nov. 2 to 8:00 PM on Tuesday, Nov. 3. (Note: The Adoration Chapel will be closed during this time). Committed adorers will be present and praying at every hour. Please consider signing up for an hour (sign-up in Church) or just come pray on Monday or Tuesday when you can. May God bless our nation in this politically divided time.
- If anyone in your immediate family tests positive, please notify Ms. Dwyer immediately. You can call the school, 833-1471, or email if after hours.
- Students should be kept home if they have any symptoms and their doctor should be consulted. Please do not assume it is allergies or a cold or send them to school after giving medication.
- Hang your name sign from your rear view mirror for the entirety of carpool so that all staff can see the name. Hint: A pants hanger works great!
- Siblings & Carpools are dismissed from the yard. Single Riders are dismissed from Betz Pl. Please go to your usual location even if a sibling is sick or out of school. The students are used to going to their designated side.