La Vernia Junior High Parent Newsletter
WAVE ON WAVE
Tuesday, Sept. 6
- Wear maroon in support of Uvalde for their first day of school.
Wednesday, Sept. 7
- Progress reports available in Parent Portal
Thursday, Sept. 8
- Volleyball vs. Boerne
7th Grade (in Boerne)
8th Grade (in La Vernia)
- Football scrimmage vs. Wimberley (In Wimberley)
Saturday, Sept. 10
- Cross Country Meet - Bandera Invitational @ Bandera High School
Thursday, Sept. 15
- Football Game vs. Navarro (In La Vernia)
- Volleyball vs. Fredericksburg
7th Grade (in La Vernia)
8th Grade (in Fredericksburg)
Friday, Sept. 16
- Student Council Speeches and Elections
- 7:45 in the Library
End of the school day
7th and 8th grade car riders can be picked up by Gym 1.
Students can cross highway 775 at the crosswalk or walk behind the tennis courts to be picked up as well.
We cannot allow students to walk across highway 775 at the school. It is too dangerous. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
8th Grade PSAT
On October 12, La Vernia Junior High School will administer the PSAT to all 8th grade students. Students are automatically registered and do not need to take any action.
The Junior High will supply all materials needed for the test including calculators.
Parents of students in Special Education or 504 who qualify for extended time will need to submit a request to Dr. Becky Acosta by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations are only available to students who already have accommodations documented and used on a regular basis. Requests for accommodations must be submitted by September 16, 2022. More information will be made available as the test approaches.
Information for Lunch Deliveries
FOOD CAN ONLY BE DELIVERED FOR YOUR OWN STUDENT AND NOT SHARED. This is a safety precaution (food allergies, Covid, and other health related concerns). Thanks for helping us keep our students safe and healthy!
A table will be set up in the foyer for you to drop off a lunch for your student.
- Please label the lunch with your student’s first and last name.
- Please communicate to your student before school that you are bringing them lunch.
- Office staff WILL NOT notify your student about their lunch delivery as this causes a disruption of the learning environment.
- Please REFRAIN from calling/texting your student during the school day to notify them. Phones should be off unless used for instructional purposes.
- The student is responsible for stopping by the foyer on their way to lunch to pick up their lunch.