Creekside Forest Connection
Riding the wave of GREATNESS in 2019-2020
Thank you all for the amazing support of our Fall Fundraiser: Friends of Creekside!
- In the case of inclement weather (including rain) all biker and walker students should use their alternate form of transportation for arrival and dismissal. (CFES will send out an email via School Messenger notifying parents of this for dismissal)
- For the safety of our students, no student should be dropped off on campus prior to 8:10 a.m. when staff arrives on duty. The only students that should get out of their vehicle prior to 8:10 am are those enrolled in a morning club or have a previously scheduled appointment with a teacher.
Book Fair is Coming!
Bundle up in your cozy boots and hats because the Arctic Adventure Book Fair is coming to CFES!
November 4th-November 8th
8:10 am to 3:40 pm Monday through Thursday
8:10 am to 1:00 pm Friday
Special Events: Donuts with Dudes, Tuesday, November 5th at 7:30 am
Open late hours, Thursday, November 7th from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, November 19th is the Districtwide GenTX College Shirt Day. Show your college spirit by wearing a college shirt to school!
- Parents, our annual career day is Thursday, November 21st! We have a couple of slots open if you’d like to present during Career Day. Please feel free to contact Ms. Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Creekside Forest Cares Opportunity for November and December! Each year Creekside Forest is excited to collaborate with The Salvation Army to help make the holidays even more memorable for some children in need. Specific wishlist items for underprivileged children will be provided for interested families to sign up to purchase. Gifts will then be dropped off at CFES and delivered to The Salvation Army who will then distribute them. Families wishing to support this initiative will sign up when the teachers send out the information with a link in November. Last year CFES provided Christmas gift to over 90 children. Thank you so much for caring!
- For your convenience, and to expedite the check in process, this year we will have online RSVP forms for all school daytime events. Prior to the event parents will receive a link to complete the RSVP online form. If you and/or family members plan to attend the event, please RSVP by submitting the form on or before the due date. This will expedite the check-in process. If this event is the first time you have signed into the front office this year, please present your identification at the front office and then they will provide you a visitor tag. If you are already in the system for this year, your visitor tag will be ready upon arrival at the front office.
- Our 4th Grade students have worked hard to prepare a special Veteran's Day Program. We encourage all parents and guest to attend the evening performance at 6:00 on November 7th. There is a daytime dress rehearsal for our students and staff. If for some reason you are unable to attend the evening performance and need to attend the daytime one, please complete the RSVP form linked below. (Please remember that there is limited seating for guests during the day.) It is not necessary to RSVP if you are attending the evening Music Program at 6:00. Link to RSVP form https://forms.gle/LE467xNaUY2eizNx9
Save the Date for CREEKFEST 2020 ! Changed from February 7th to 21st.
November at a Glance:
Week of 11/4 - Book Fair week
Week of 11/4- 4th and 5th grade skate unit in PE
11/5 - Donuts with Dads and Dudes
11/7 - 4th Grade Veterans Day Musical 6:00 p.m.
11/7 - Spirit Night at Sonic
11/12 -General PTO Meeting 9:30
11/13 - Teacher Support Volunteer time 8:30-12:00
11/19- Wear college gear
11/20- Spirit Night at Slim Chicken
11/21 - Career Day
11/21- Teacher Support Volunteer time 10:00-1:00
11/23- CFES Choir Performs at Lighting of the Doves
11/25-11/29 Thanksgiving Break
Creekside Forest Cares!
Click Here to Access TISD Student Handbook information about attendance
- State attendance is taken daily at 10:00 A.M. It is important that all students are present on campus at this time.
Our students continue to lead us through Call to Greatness each morning. This nine week we will continue to teach and model the 8 expectations. In addition we will be implementing door greeters in classrooms, teaching life principles and expanding student vocabulary.
Friendly reminder of a few school procedures
- All students that arrive to school by car, bike, or walking should plan to arrive daily by 8:25 am to help be prepared for the day. If your child is arriving by car and they are not inside by 8:40 am, you will need to park and walk them in to sign them as tardy.
- Making sure every child arrives home safely is one of our top priorities. In an effort to minimize confusion, we encourage all parents to have a routine way that their child is dismissed and only change transportation in unavoidable situations. All changes of transportation are required to be in writing. **Please note that the office begins preparing for dismissal at 3:20 pm therefore, we are unable to accept changes of transportation after this time.
- The first time you visit this school year, your ID will be scanned into the system in an effort to expedite future visits.
- For the safety of all students and staff, all visitors are required to have their valid drivers license or ID any time they visit our campus.
12/4 November and December Birthday Book Club
12/5 Spirit Night Chick-Fil-A
12/6 3rd Grade Field Trip to Nutcracker
12/10 General PTO Meeting
12/11 CFES Science Fair
12/12 5th Grade Holiday musical (6:00 p.m.)
12/13 5th Graders visit CPJH
12/16 Spirit Night at Torchy's
12/17 CFES Choir performs at Market Street
12/18 Model Citizen Awards 9:30 am
12/19 Winter Wonderland Day (Students wear pajamas)
12/19 5th Grade Blanket Project for the Homeless
12/20 Class Holiday Parties 11:15 am -12:30 pm
12/20 Early Release of all students 12:50 pm
12/23- 1/7 Winter Break