5th Grade Orientation
Parents of Early College Students are invited to come from hear about Early College from 8:30-9:00 in the cafeteria. Light breakfast snacks and drinks will be served.
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Your student participated in the ILEARN assessments for his or her grade level earlier this spring. Since ILEARN is a new test, the final results with proficiency levels and scale scores will not be available for schools until August 15.
In accordance with Indiana Code 20-32-5.1-12(d), parents and schools have an opportunity to request a rescore for any open-ended item(s) to which students responded on the ILEARN assessment.
Important Information about the ILEARN Rescore Request Process:
· The ILEARN Rescore Request window will be open in mid-July (July 15 – 31). Requests submitted outside of this window will not be processed.
· Parents or guardians who wish to view students’ response images and scoring rubrics must visit the school in which their child is officially enrolled. There will not be a separate online portal for parents to access this information.
· Your child’s Principal and you will be able to view an image of your student’s response to each open-ended item, sample student responses for each score point, and the scoring rubric to help decide whether to request a rescore for that item.
· The principal will submit any rescore request(s) on your behalf in the online platform.
· A school must first notify the parents of any student for whom they want to request a rescore since a rescore could result in an increased or decreased score.
· Once a rescore request is submitted, the request and/or score change cannot be reversed.
· A rescore request can only be requested one time for an item. Multiple requests to rescore the same item for a student is not permissible.
· All items, responses, and scoring rubrics are secure materials and must not be discussed, shared, distributed, or duplicated.
· Final results released on August 15 will reflect any properly submitted requested rescores.
July 15 – 31, 2019
ILEARN Rescore Request window
August 15, 2019
ILEARN final results available for schools (including Individual Student Reports)
Please contact the school at 973-3488 to make an appointment to see your student’s response images with Principal Rachel Etherington and to decide if you would like to initiate the rescore request. Before you will be able to view your student’s responses you will need to sign a state mandated non-disclosure agreement. In this agreement you will agree not to discuss in any way any of the content that you will see. You must do this before you will be permitted to see your student’s responses. After you have reviewed the responses you will let the school know whether or not you would like us to proceed with the rescore request. Once this process has been initiated it cannot be reversed.