Monday Morning Memo
May 16, 2016
Northwoods Park Middle School
Excellence. Every Student. Every Day.
The Northwoods Park Middle School community will prepare students to be globally competitive leaders and responsible citizens in the 21st century.
Inspiring learners to open global gateways
PROGRESS REPORTS, Fees Owed Letters, Exam Schedule, and Registration Cards
On Monday, May 16, 2016, students should receive the following to take home as shared with parents on Sunday night's phone message:
- Progress Report
- Letter indicating any fees still owed (school, cafe and media center fees)
- Exam Schedule
- Registration Cards for 6th and 7th graders
MEETINGS AND EVENTS
Meetings and Events---
May 18--TEST TRAINING for all classified and licensed staff (attend ONE planning period session or the after school session); Fill out the Doodle Scheduler that Mrs. Hoffman sent out to indicate which session you are attending at:
May 18--Orchestra Concert in the NWP Gym @ 7 pm
May 18-Strategic Plan Spring Feedback due
May 23--Athletic Awards Ceremony in the NWP Gym @ 6 pm
May 24--Band Concert in the NWP Gym @ 7 pm
May 24--Flex Group Survey for homeroom teachers and students
May 26--Chorus Concert in the NWP Gym @ 7 pm
May 31--Student Handbook Feedback due to Mrs. Hoffman
May 31-Student Handbook Feedback due to Mrs. Hoffman
June 2--Academic Awards Ceremony @ 6:30 pm
June 3--Eighth Grade Fancy Dance at the United Methodist Church @ 6 pm to 9 pm
Closing out the school year...
June 8, 9 and 10 are Locked in Workdays
WHERE: PD Room for Planning Periods or MEDIA CENTER after school
TIME: Select one session to attend at:
WHO: ALL CLASSIFIED & LICENSED STAFF
FLEX GROUP SURVEY
Confiscating and Searching Student Technology--important reminders
Teachers may not request a district level search, school level search (by Mr. Willis) or conduct any search of any student’s laptop other than as indicated in #1 below.
Please review the information below.
- If a teacher notices that a student is on an inappropriate site or accessing questionable content, then the teacher/administrator may review the current activities in question, but if a more in depth search is required, this search must be performed through the IT Department at the central office.
- Only an administrator may request that a student’s laptop be confiscated and searched for questionable activity.
- This request must be made by the school administration to the IT Director.
- Only district level IT personnel (IT Director and designee(s)) may perform the search of a student’s laptop. School level IT Technicians, Digital Learning and Teaching Facilitators, and Media Coordinators will not confiscate or search any student device for questionable activity.
End of Year Celebration and the unConference
Thursday, June 9th, 12:30pm
NWPMS Media Center
Our very own Amanda Pelch and Angie Kautter are presenting a Poster session at the unConference!!
Strategic Plan Spring Review
Feedback due by May 18.
Goal 1-Grade 6, Spanish and Chambless
Goal 2-Grade 7
Goal 3-Grade 8, Rowntree and Tobin
Goal 4-Encore, Sherman
NWPMS Student Handbook Review
It's also time to review the Student Handbook and the SPT representatives were instructed to facilitate a discussion of the school policies. The policies/rules must be agreed upon to ensure consistency in enforcing the policies in 2016-17. Return feedback by May 31 to Mrs. Hoffman and CC Mrs. Garland and Mrs. Bethea.
Yearbooks are on Sale!
Have you checked out the preview of it on the bulletin board in Building 1?
Books may be purchased by visiting our school website or going to:
2016-2017 OCS Employee Transfers
Personnel interested in transferring to another Onslow County School should review the attached form. The window to pursue a transfer opens on April 15 and closes on July 11, 2016. The closing date for transfers is firm with OCS Human Resources.
2016-2017 Locked In Workdays
8/18 NWPMS--Welcome Back Meeting
8/23 locked in by OCS Instructional Services
8/24 locked in by OCS HR
8/25 NWPMS--LEMONADE ON THE LAWN OPEN HOUSE (our workday will start later to accomodate the evening event)
Reminder: Personnel may not take leave on Locked in Workdays.
Plan accordingly and mark your calendar now.