Scarborough Public Schools
Weekly Newsletter -September 11, 2020
Now Introducing...A New Communication Tool!
We are excited to kick off the start of the school year with a new communication format for sharing information with all of our families and the larger Scarborough community! Each week, a district update will be published and shared. Not only will our newsletter share upcoming events, highlights, and important things to know about across the district, but each school will be linked at the bottom of the page, allowing you to connect directly with their pages. As an added feature, each of the weekly communications will be archived and easily accessible for you to go back and reference as needed. Later this fall, our schools will be moving to a similar format for their communications, too! Enjoy!
~Diane Nadeau, Ph.D., Assistant Superintendent
From the Superintendent
You will find the latest message from Superintendent Prince in the box below. In the future, you will also find archived messages from previous weeks in this same box. Please contact the Superintendent's Office at (207) 730-4100 or email@example.com with questions or suggestions.
While the ways in which we are doing school might be different this year and it will take some time to build new routines, we are excited about the learning possibilities! Here are a few items that you might find helpful.
Transportation: A True Community Effort!
- Many thanks to all parents for your patience and flexibility as we establish new routines for student drop off and pick ups. We greatly appreciate the number of families who have been able to provide their own transportation. This is a critical element in our Reopening Plan, whereas it would be impossible to transport everyone under current restrictions without your help!
- We also appreciate the support of the Scarborough Police Department and VIPs, who have been assisting with morning drop offs and afternoon pick ups.
- Bus drivers have shown commitment in following new safety practices on their bus routes.
- School staff has also been amazing with their support for these new routines.
It takes a village... Thank you, Scarborough!
Upcoming SPS Events - Mark Your Calendar!
- September 14 at 6:00 p.m. - K-5 Parent University - SeaSaw
- September 17 at 6:00 p.m. - School Board Workshop
- September 17 at 7:00 p.m. - School Board Meeting
- September 17 at 6:00 p.m. - Middle School Virtual Open House
Did You Know...
- Thanks to a federal waiver, all Scarborough students can access free breakfast and lunch each day until December 31, 2020, even on remote learning days? To place your orders, go to https://scarboroughschools.nutrislice.com/
- Scarborough High School's Virtual Open House, which was held on Wednesday evening, is still accessible remotely? Families who were not able to join us for the virtual Open House on Sept. 9, 2020, please use the this link to view the Administrators' presentation and click here to view course introductions by members of the faculty.
Health & Safety
Please make sure you review the required Student Health Self Assessment questions EVERY DAY before sending your child off to school.
Our district medical staff have been laser focused on setting up 2 clinics at each school site, per state requirements. Each school now has a general clinic as well as a "respiratory clinic". Many thanks to our Maintenance Department for the many adaptations they made at each site over the summer to make this possible. We are also appreciative that we have dedicated nursing staff full time at every school site this year. Please reach out with any medical questions as they come up. Below is a listing by school:
- Blue Point: Laurie Hibbard, RN *
- Eight Corners: Rebecca Cummings, RN *
- Pleasant Hill: Dorice Groshon, RN *
- Wentworth: Cindy Fasulo, LPN and Anne Ornstein, RN
- Middle School: Patty Bolduc, RN and Amanda Eason, RN
- High School: Heidi Igneri, RN and Lisa Verzoni, RN
*Suzanne Kenney, Medical Assistant, supports all schools with a focus on K-2 at this time.
Click here for a link to a recent document they shared on Face Covering Requirements.
Links to Our Schools
Services & Information
Transportation | Sarah Redmond, firstname.lastname@example.org