The G.R.A.P.E.S. of Peru

By: Amanda Spenard

Geography

Peru is located in Western South America. The Amazon and Madre de Dios rivers travel through Peru. The Andes mountain range is also partially in Peru, along with the Ucayali river. Peru has a very wide assortment of natural resources such as gold, silver, copper, zinc, lead and iron. There are also reserves of oil and natural gas. Some crops that grow in Peru are asparagus, potatoes, and rice. Peru is bordered by Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Ecuador.

Religion

About 81% of Peru's population is Roman Catholic. Roman Catholics believe in the Holy Trinity and Jesus Christ. Two major holiday they celebrate are Easter and Christmas. The other 19% is a mix between Seventh Day Adventist, none, other, and unspecified.
Big image

Achievements

Due to economic growth in exports from mining, agriculture, textiles, and manufacturing, Peru has succeeded in lowering it's poverty rate from an estimated 50% of the population in 2004, to 28%.


Within the past year, Peru has passed a law to recycle plastic bottles into new plastic bottles. This law will help to decrease waste build up in the country.

Big image

Politics

In Peru, there is a constitutional government. This means that elected officials represent the people. These officials must govern according to the constitutional law. The president of the Republic of Peru is Ollanta Moises Humala Tasso.
Big image

Economics

Peru has a high level of foreign trade. Two of Peru's top exports are gold and copper. The top 3 countries they export to are China, the United States, and Europe. One of the top occupations is working in agriculture. Other common jobs include mining, fishing, and food processing.
Big image

Style of living

Peru's men and women's soccer teams participate in FIFA soccer, which is an elite soccer league. The men are ranked 48th, while the women are ranked 60th!

One of the most popular foods in Peru is ceviche, which can be made many different ways, but most of them are fish with lemon/lime juice and diced onions and peppers.

Many students wear uniforms, but when they are not in school, children who live in Lima and other urban areas they wear western style clothing.

Big image