Handle Food Safely
By: Matt Ockey
Before you start cooking
- Wash your hands
- Make sure your food that you will you is not out dated
- Work on a clean surface
- Sanitize cutting boards, utensils and counter tops before using them
- Marinate meat and poultry in a covered dish in the fridge
- refrigerate perishable food at least 2 hours before you start cooking.
- Cook or Freeze fresh poultry, fish, ground meat
- perishable food for example meats should be safely warped so the meat juice wont spread to other foods.
After you cook
- you should always put all your materials away especially knives
- clean up spills seriously
- wash hands