McNear Falcon Flyer
Keeping Us Connected with Campus and PTA News
Hearts for Healthcare Workers
The handmade hearts sent to Kaiser Hospital’s Covid Unit this past week were a huge hit! Nurses and other staff were excited to receive a special gift from students. They were all so unique. The only problem was deciding which one was their favorite! This nurse said she plans to put a magnet on hers and keep it on her locker at work.
Calling All Musicians, Comedians, Dancers, Magicians and Aspiring Performing Artists
Looking for some spirit wear?
This is our current inventory, we are not able to order sizes and styles that are not already here at this time but have some new things in the works. Please check to see that the size you are looking for is available and stop by the office with cash, check or a credit card and we can give you what you are looking for. Questions? Email or call Liza or Loretta. The office is staffed most days from 7:30am-4:30pm. We can also make other arrangements if needed.
Purchase and Donate – Barber Cellars Winery and Distillery
We are organizing collaborative class art projects to be auctioned off at the Wish Benefit. We need to professionally frame some of the projects. If anyone has any favorite local framers or knows how to frame art we could use the help.
Also, we are looking for someone who can draw an outline of a tree on a large quality paper.
We might be asking for more help, but that is it for now!
Thanks so much,
Meghan Brand Stauf
Time to Enroll for Next Year, TK or K Siblings? Neighbors?
“You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” -Plato
PARTICIPATE IN WALK & ROLL FOR OUR HeARTS MONTH
1. JOIN US ON WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE DAY!
- On ANY ONE DAY during the FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY (Feb 1st-7th), choose a destination to to walk, bike, scooter or skateboard to. It can be ANY destination, whether it is to your school campus, a local park, a store, a friend's house, or just a walk around the neighborhood and back to your home!
- Fill out our WALK & ROLL TO ANYWHERE SURVEY to share when, where, and how far you walked or rolled with us.
- Your survey results will be shared with your school to discover how many kids walked & rolled, how far kids from your school traveled, and which teacher had the highest percentage of student's who walked & rolled that week! The teacher with the highest percentage of participating students will win a $50.00 gift card to their local business of choice!
2. DRAW A PICTURE DEMONSTRATING WHY YOU LOVE WALKING AND/OR ROLLING. Your Picture Should Illustrate Why Or How It Is Fun And/Or Healthy For Our Hearts, Minds And Bodies. Then, Submit Your Drawing To SRTS For A Chance To Win A $50.00 Gift Card To A Local Art Supply Store, And/Or Be Featured In A "Walk & Roll For Our HeARTS" Printed Wall Calendar.
WALK & ROLL FOR OUR HeARTS CONTEST INSTRUCTIONS:
- Put your best effort into an original picture illustrating why walking and/or rolling is fun and/or healthy for our hearts, minds and bodies.
- Artwork must be 8.5"x11", and must be landscape orientation
- All mediums are welcome: drawing, painting, mixed media, digital illustration, etc. If utilizing mixed media/collage elements, no more than 20% of collage materials may be from newspapers, magazines, books or other materials pre-printed with text or designs (such as scrapbook paper)
- Submit a high-resolution, scanned copy in JPG or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to Safe Routes to School, Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition, PO Box 3088, Santa Rosa, CA 95402-3088
- Include your name, school name, grade level, and homeroom teacher, and a way to contact you (phone or email)
- Artwork will be judged on the following criteria: creativity and originality, clarity of art's message to communicating the theme, quality and effort put into illustration, and representation of diversity and inclusivity.
- All entries must be received by Friday, March 5th, 2021
ALL February Challenge Submissions will be entered into a drawing for a $50.00 Art Supply Store gift card. Select submissions will be chosen to be featured in our Walk & Roll for Our HeARTS Printed Wall Calendar. Wall Calendars will be given to the winning students, the teacher of the winning students, and the principal of the winning students.
Questions? Email Safe Routes to School
Wild Wonders in The Woods
Join us on Monday, Feb 1st for our next PTA meeting. There will be a 4th grade presentation on bat surveys recently performed on our own campus! We will also be talking about the Wish Benefit, and Liza will update us on all things McNear.
February 1st, 6:30-7:30pm
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2958291754
Meeting ID: 295 829 1754
Staff Development Day
Friday, Feb 5th
Lincoln's Holiday Observed
Monday, Feb 8th
Monday, Feb 15th
Monday, Mar 29th - Friday, Apr 9th