Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Sunday, December 17, 2017
LCES United: Together We Are More!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
This week is our last week of school before winter break. A reminder that we only have school Monday-Thursday this week, and each day is an Early Release Day - so school is out at 1:40 pm daily, and Kinder will follow their typical Monday schedule each day. The office will be closed for the duration of the break, as well. School will resume on Monday, January 8th, and we'll on a typical Early Release schedule that day.
We'll also be donating any left over lost an found items over the break. We'll have our racks out on the front patio for families to look through before and after school. We do make it a point to check each item for a name and to return all labeled items to a child in the family.
While planning for pick up, day care, appointments, and the like, please remember that:
- the week of 12/18-21 will find us on an Early Release Day Schedule all week (it'll be like Monday on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday!).
- there is no school on Friday, 12/22!
- winter break is from Friday, 12/22 - Sunday, January 7th. School resumes with an Early Release Monday on Monday, January 8th.
- Monday, 1/15 is also a non-school day, in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.
WatchDogs Annual Mother/Son Bowling Night
- Week of 12/18-21: Early Release Days (1:40 pm dismissal)
- Tuesday, 12/19-Thursday, 12/21: Tutoring Cancelled
- Thursday, 12/21: End of Semester 1 (report cards sent home in January)
- Friday, 12/22-Sunday, 1/7: No School - Winter Break
- Monday, 1/8: Welcome Back to School! Early Release Monday
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: Math Tutoring Resumes after school for students who are signed up
- Fridays until 3:30: Musical Theater Rehearsals
- Thursday, 1/11, 3 pm: PTC Meeting in Science Room
- Friday, 1/12: Semester 1 Report Cards sent home
- Monday, 1/15: No School in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday
- Friday, 1/19: End of Semester 1 Award Assemblies - details coming
- Monday, 1/22: Early Release Monday
Each semester, we take time to recognize and celebrate our morning greeters. They get up a little extra early, arrive to campus with a big smile, and help to keep our drop off lane safe and efficient! We love you greeters!
Morning Greeter Celebration!
Honoring the great work of our Fall Semester Greeters!
This fall, Mrs. Cook is helping Mrs. Adams with our greeter program, and she coordinated an extra special thank you with the help of our first graders! Our first graders made signs, made a "high five for awesomeness" tunnel, and had little personalized thank you notes and treats for them in their classroom. Bravo to Mrs Cook for her efforts to make it an extra special celebration!
AM Kinder: 8 - 11:20 am PM Kinder: 10:20 am -1:40 pm Grades 1-5: 8:15 am - 1:40 pm (supervision provided for students from 1:40-2 pm)
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.