Virtual Parenting Workshop
Supporting National Bullying Prevention Month
Mr. Eaton & Mr. Everett
Cyberbullying: What Parents Need to Know
Friday, Oct. 9th, 10:30-11:30am
This is an online event.
Once the registration form is completed below, an email will be sent with login information.
TO REGISTER, GO TO:
Ciberacoso: Lo que los padres necesitan saber
El 9 de Octubre
De 1:00pm a 2:00pm por Zoom
Los padres aprenderan:
-Que es ciberacoso
-signos para identificar si sus niños son victimas de ciberacoso
-Recursos que pueden ayuda
Presentadora: La señora Alejandra Escamilla-Ocampo, Especialista Hispana, Girls Inc. De Alabama Central.
Es necesario registrarse!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
DID YOU KNOW...
According to Cyber bullying statistics from the i-SAFE foundation:
- Over half of adolescents and teens have been bullied online, and about the same number have engaged in cyber bullying.
- More than 1 in 3 young people have experienced cyberthreats online.
- Over 25 percent of adolescents and teens have been bullied repeatedly through their cell phones or the Internet.
- Well over half of young people do not tell their parents when cyber bullying occurs.
- Over 80 percent of teens use a cell phone regularly, making it the most popular form of technology and a common medium for cyber bullying
- About half of young people have experienced some form of cyber bullying, and 10 to 20 percent experience it regularly