Thanks for your support during ISAT!
Tuesday's Dance Show
- The sliding doors between the gym and the MPR will be open all week (Movement breaks that utilize the MPR are still okay with the exception of 3/20; an alternate location will be needed that day.)
- Please be punctual in arriving and leaving PE.
- Please pick up students on time from lunch.
- Parents have been advised of the show through the Memo and the web calendar. There is a link to the PE page with the class schedule, too.
This Week's Events
Monday, March 17
- Wellness Committee; 8:30 a.m. in office conference room
- (Spanish; 8:15-9 in LLC)
- (Green Club; 3:30-4:30 in LLC)
Tuesday, March 18
- Instructional Team; 8:30 in LLC
- Kane County Reading parent verification forms due to Anne McDonald
- Cook's Night Out @ Alfie's; there will be a lunch delivery to Lowell for any teachers who order.
- Lowell Spirit Day (And yes on jeans :) )
- (After School Tutoring; 3:30-5 in LLC)
- (Spanish; 3:35-4:20 in Music Room)
- (Daisy Scouts; 3:30-5 in Art Room)
Wednesday, March 19
- Report cards go home
- Staff meeting; 8:30 a.m. in LLC
- Behavior Team; 9:15 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Kathy @ District Meetings after 2:15 p.m.
- (ELL Tutoring; 3:30-4:30 p.m. in LLC)
- (Girl Scouts; 3:30-5 in Music Room)
Thursday, March 20
- Aide meeting; 8:30 a.m. in Computer Lab
- IEP/Intervention Team meetings as scheduled
- Floor hockey; before school in gym
- Really Big Show in PE
- PTA; 7 p.m. in LLC
Friday, March 21
- (Brownies; 3:30-4:30 in Art Room)
- (Chess Club; 3:45-4:45 in LLC)
- Scouts; 7-9 in Gym/Multipurpose Room
* 2-5 grade teachers have received the PACE testing schedule via e-mail.
Ordering Lunch from Alfie's on Tuesday to support Cook's Night Out?
Authors Week is April 14-17
- After school on Wednesday, April 9, please bring student stories to the library to be on display. Colored dots will be coming so you can mark your student stories for easy table organization.
- We will kick off the week with a Skype visit with Dan Gutman for grades 3-5 on April 10 @ 2:30. Amanda will be reviewing a video and composing questions during 3-5 library time so students are prepared to Skpe.
- Aaron Reynolds will visit all grades on April 17. There is a sign up to see presentations on refrigerator in staff center.
Make a Nomination for Distinguished Teacher Award
Do you know an outstanding teacher who deserves recognition? The NEW 200 Foundation is now accepting nominations for the 2014 Distinguished Teacher Awards for excellence in teaching at District 200 schools. Awards are given to one teacher per school year for each level (preschool/elementary, middle and high school). Nominations may be made by any CUSD 200 student, parent, alum, staff, or community member.
To make a nomination, visit our website at NEW200.org/awards/nomination. The deadline for nominations is Friday, March 21, 2014. Winners will be announced in May.
This information is shared with families in this week's Memo.
Next Staff/Committee Meetings REVISED
March Staff Meetings
- March 26
(Varies from normal weeks because of ISAT & Behavior Team)
BLT: Tuesday, March 25 (Agendas & notes)
Wellness Committee: Monday, March 17
Instructional Team: Tuesday, March 18
Behavior Task Force: March 19th; 1/2 day a.m.
Technology: TBD (Agendas & notes)
Aide monthly meeting: March 20; 8:30-9 a.m. (Google Training in Computer Lab)
Link to the Eagle's Nest
New Tech Concerns
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- January 20-March 14- Kane County Cougars reading program
- March 18: Kane County Reading parent verification forms due to Anne McDonald
- March 20: Dance in PE
- April 8: Bus Evacuation Drills
- April 11: Kane County Cougars game
- April 11: Dental Clinic
- April 22: Step Up Day at Franklin
- April 25: Culture Fest
- May 3: Lowell 5K
- May 16: Beautification Day; 3:30-5
- May 22: Kane County Cougars game
- June 3: Discovery Day