A+ Arts Academy Napoleon
Read It Here First!
9/6/2021 - Learning the Data
We have had another great week! Everyone is settling in to the expectations as scholars throughout the building and in each classroom. MAP testing is complete and we will be looking over the data as a staff as well as sharing and reviewing the data with you and your scholar.
Tuesday, September 7th @ 6:00 PM our 1st parent STEPP Advisory will be taking place! Come to the school or join the ZOOM link (see below) and this will be the first way to learn more about what the MAP data means.
We will also introduce you to Life Enhancement Services, one of our community service providers as well as the Napoleon staff. Ms. Hannah (8th grade grandparent) will be leading us through an amazing informative night. The homeroom with the greatest parent attendance will receive a pizza party courtesy of Ms. Hannah!!!
After-School Program - Many of you have asked when this will begin!?! Monday, October 4th! If you are interested in your scholar attending the after-school program, please fill out the interest form in the following link: https://www.summeradvantage.org/ohio (See image below for more details)
Kickboard - Kickboard is an online Positive Behavioral Support System that is used to monitor scholar behavior with the intent to reward scholars for proper behavior in all school environments. Scholars will be able to earn "scholar dollars" through the system and eventually purchase incentives based on the money they earned. The system allows us to print out behavior data on each scholar and easily share this with you as families. We will be starting this consistently on Monday, September 14th. When scholars have enough money they will be able to make purchases on Fridays of each week.
September 7th @ 6:00 PM - STEPP Advisory Parent Meeting
September 15th - Interim Grade Due
September 17th - Parent Teacher Conferences (NO SCHOOL)
Families, please make note;
beginning Monday, August 23rd, for safety and security purposes early dismissal will NOT be allowed after 2:15 pm.
Also, please remember the following:
1. COVID Guidelines: All scholars and staff must wear masks in the building. Please make sure your child has their own mask.
Visitors will not be allowed in the building during school hours. This is for the health and safety of all scholars and staff. This includes parents/guardians. If you have a specific need we will meet you at the front door to best serve you.
Your scholar may bring a refillable water bottle to school as we now have COVID safe, touchless drinking fountains.
2. Transportation: We know that there may some issues tomorrow with transportation. As much as we would like to help you with every need, the best way for you to get the information you need is to call 614-365-5074. Please communicate to us anything you learn so we can best support you and other parents.
3. Uniform - Please make sure your scholar is in uniform tomorrow. Black polo top, black or khaki bottoms (no leggings), any shoes (no slides). If you are in need of any support with these items, please do not hesitate to ask.
4. Cell Phones - scholar's cell phones must be in their lockers during school hours. Those that did not make it to orientation will receive the cell phone policy tomorrow.
Tuesday, Sep. 7th, 6pm
270 South Napoleon Avenue, Columbus, OH, USA and ZOOM
- Led by families for families
- Join us the first Tuesday evening of every month to learn from and connect with other A+ Arts Academy parents.
- The goal is to maintain an open dialogue with families and the school as well as offer the opportunity to build connections with community members and local businesses in order to connect parents, scholars and staff to community resources, to increase growth for all.
Please join us because your input is INVALUABLE!
From the office
From Your Teachers
Reading Intervention Newsletter
Check Out OurTeacher's Pages!
Science: Please plan to join us this Tuesday Sept 7th at 6:00 pm at our STEPP parent and family meeting where 7th and 8th grade science will be showcasing our classwork and lab investigations and engaging in STEM challenges. This week 8th graders are beginning our next standard, 8.PS.2 Forces Cause Motion. Next Friday, 7th graders will have their first quiz on the Nature of Science and Inquiry. Finally, congratulations to 8th grade scholar Jahron D. who will be added to the Science Hall of Awesomeness, for his achievement of a perfect score on last week's Non-Contact Forces quiz! . https://sites.google.com/phalenacademies.org/napoleon78/ms-brewington
Varsity Drum Line: Please use the following link to order your drum line uniform. This is for those that Mr. Powell has indicated, made drum line for this year, based off their tryouts. http://coachsassistant.gtmsportswear.com/APLUSDRUMLINE If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From The Community
Please Follow Us - Don't Miss Out!
Click the IG Logo!Napoleon's Private IG: @aplusartsacademy
Arts Arts Academy Junior High
Announcements and scholar shoutouts to be posted!