Serrano Eagles Bulletin
Parent Bulletin - March 28, 2016
I hope you all had an amazing Spring Break and hope that the week off provides you with energy to finish out the year strong. 10 weeks left until summer!
In the next 10 weeks we have some very important things happening at Serrano - one of which is our State Testing, happening in the end of May, please see below for details.
Stay Connected with Serrano
TWEET like an Eagle!
Follow Us on Twitter: @SerranoOUSD (name - Serrano Elementary)
** Tweet your Eagle Pictures to @SerranoEagles and it will show up on our website
Follow Us on Facebook
NEW TO FACEBOOK:
"What are our Eagles doing over the weekend " sports, dance, etc. send your pictures to email@example.com. We can add them to our Facebook page.
What's Coming Up in Week TWENTY-EIGHT
- 6th Grade Open House - 5pm in Amphitheater
- Min. Day Schedule - pick-up 12:20 for Kinder and 12:25 for 1st-6th
- 6th Grade and Kinder Promotion Pictures
- PFO Meeting 8:15a in the Staff Lounge
- Kinder and 6th Grade Promotion Pics - Room 12
- Relay and High Jump Track Practice @ CV - 2:30-3:30p. Those attending this final track practice will need an additional permission slip as it is a Thursday practice - please get from Mrs. O'Hare or Mrs. Jones in the office and bring on Thursday.
- Orange Foundation Games START and go through this weekend - SUPER DUPER AWESOME EVENT FOR SERRANO and all elementary athletes! See all Eagles there! (details below)
- Ice Cream Sales
- Eagle Spirit Day - Wear your Eagle Shirts
FOUNDATION GAMES - THIS WEEKEND
Serrano has over 160 athletes participating (that is nearly 30% of our students) and are excited for a very successful year. A special thank you to Mrs. O'Hare, Mrs. Cinadr, Mrs. O'Dea, Mrs. McCleary, Mrs. Weins, Mrs. Grahovac, Mr. Hughes, Mr. Chu, and the Sallinger Family and many many more for helping to prepare our athletes.
Looking forward to seeing you there :)
SBAC State Testing - Practice Here!
You too, can help your student, at home, by practicing with them through the SBAC practice test a couple of times before the real thing. Help them become more familiar with the test tools (ex. calculator, keyboard) prior to the test.
To access the practice test:
1. Click link below
2. Click Student Interface Practice and Training Test (green button on right)
3. Leave the login to "Guest" and just click SIGN-IN
4. Select a Grade Level
5. Select EITHER ELA (English Language Arts) or MATH Practice Test (most of the other tests available do not apply)
6. Leave all selections defaulted and click Select
7. Proceed through to start test - HEADS UP - the ELA tests have sound so if you are practicing in a public place you may want headphones
Please call with questions.
Message from your PFO:
- Room Moms - Yearbook Picture Reminder - get your pages assembled, the deadline is nearing
- Also, Room Moms/Dads! If you have an email distribution list of your class, please forward this bulletin on to your class - we still have about 40% of people who are not accessing this important information. Thank you for your help!
Feedback to Influence Next Year
Please take a few minutes to take the planning survey below. And let the office know if you have any questions.