The Dolphin Digest
November 2, 2020
Oct. 29th-November 11th- Smithfield Online Book Fair
November 3rd- No School- Teacher Workday
November 4th - All students (A/B/FRA) Remote Learning (Asynchronous Wednesdays)
November 5-6- "B" Group comes to Smithfield for in-person learning
November 11- No School- Holiday
November 19th- Hungry Howie's Smithfield Night
We had a GREAT day at Smithfield!
ACTION REQUIRED- CMS DAILY HEALTH SCREENER EVERY DAY FOR IN-PERSON LEARNING
CMS DAILY Health Screener
Car riders- be ready to show your green check to a staff member.
We need Room Parents!
Car Rider Reminders
Students should arrive at the following times by last name:
-Car Riders- please help our morning carpool line move quicker by:
- Please remain in your car. Do not park and walk you children from the parking lot to the sidewalk. We need all car riders to remain in the carpool line.
- Please have the children wear their masks while interacting with school staff during temperature checks.
- Please help your children unbuckle their car seats and seatbelts and gather their belongings while you are sitting in the line waiting to be screened.
The carpool line will be longer and move slower than we are used to in order for us to safely screen the students before they exit their cars. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
2020 Capital Campaign Kick-Off
The 2020 Capital Campaign Continues! Please consider donating to our campaign and please watch the video link to see one way your donation is used to support Smithfield. Ways to donate include:
· Cash or Check: Payable to Smithfield PTA
· Credit or Debit Card Online at: https://smithfield.memberhub.store/shopping/categories/6857
· Venmo: @SmithfieldElem-PTA (Please add Capital Campaign in the memo.)
· Double your donation via Corporate Matching: Contact your employer’s Human Resources Department for details. Some employers who match include: Ally Bank, Aon Hewitt, AT&T, AXA, Bank of America, Beacon Partners, Charlotte Palm Corps, Duke Energy, GE Foundation, Goodrich, Home Depot, Kraft, LPL Financial, Premier, and TIAA.
o Please include a copy of your employer’s matching form
Cameras on ...please:)
Unless you there is a reason, please help us encourage your child to leave their cameras on during virtual learning. It is very difficult to teach, monitor engagement, and ensure learning is taking place when there are only black boxes on the screen instead of faces. Thank you in advance!!!
CMS COVID-19 Guidance for Parents
- What happens if someone tests positive for COVID-19?
- How will our schools be maintained to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- How will I be notified if someone tests positive for COVID-19 in our school?
- What should I do if my student tests positive for COVID-19?
- When can my student return to school in-person after a positive COVID-19 test?
- What should I do if my student develops COVID-19 symptoms?
- When can my student return to school in-person after developing symptoms?
- What should I do if my student was a close contact to someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
- What else should I keep in mind?
PTA Fall Book Fair
Hi Smithfield Dolphins! We hope you are all staying well, and getting excited to come back to school sometime in November. Since we can’t be together yet, we wanted to let you know that we will be hosting another virtual Scholastic Bookfair! Please follow the link below to enter the fair, which will run October 29th through November 11th. Remember, a $25 books-only purchase will get you free shipping!!
Dolphin Studios Presents...Smithfield Safety Videos
Pumpkin Book Characters!!
CMS Meal Bundles
CMS Eats at Home deliveries end on Friday, Oct. 23, as buses will be fully involved in transporting students to and from school at that point. Beginning the following Wednesday, Oct. 28, pick-up of weekly meal bundles at no charge will begin at the 32 locations below. Pick-ups will take place Wednesday each week from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. On Nov. 11, Veterans Day, and Nov. 25, Thanksgiving Week, pick-up will occur on Tuesday, Nov. 10, and Tuesday, Nov. 24, respectively.
The school locations were identified with a wide geographic distribution in mind to the extent possible, but also where the kitchens and dining areas can support the necessary production and storage areas (particularly freezer space). In addition, School Nutrition Services needed to consider ease of distribution of boxes without transporting them far from the kitchen for long periods of time to allow for food safety and keeping temperatures.
An important and exciting note: Weekly meal bundle pick-ups will be available for all students, regardless of whether they are in school for a portion of the week (i.e., K-5 on A or B rotations can still pick up weekly bundles). There is now a waiver in place which allows us to feed students seven days per week. As such, they can receive their two meals in person each day they are in school (Monday/Tuesday or Thursday/Friday) and still receive a meal bundle for the remaining five days. The only exceptions to this would be our Pre-K and EC students who are receiving meals in school five days each week.
Bundles will still need to be ordered via PayPams so that School Nutrition Services knows how many to prepare. Families will select their pick-up location and can change that location from week to week if that provides convenience for them.
Finally, in addition to the locations listed below, School Nutrition Services is providing daily breakfast and lunch to the CMS remote learning sites as well as other locations around the community that are not official remote learning sites but have applied to receive meals to support their daily programming with children.
Each child will have an Agenda that will go between home and school every day.
Weekly ConnectEd email newsletters
Facebook (Smithfield PTA):
School Website: http://schools.cms.k12.nc.us/smithfieldES