MAKING MAGICAL MEMORIES IN MAY
LOOKING BACK AND LOOKING FORWARD
Graduation and exams are a busy time of the year for all personnel. I am asking that you allow us to devote our time to working on the many duties and responsibilities that come with graduation. Graduation involves the administrators, office staff, guidance and others in order to check and double check NC requirements and MH requirements. If you have questions about other issues you can email the following people:
Graduation, scheduling, Awards (Dr. Adams-Watkins)
Testing (Ms. Sanchez)
Attendance (Ms. Pierce-Ford) (Ms. Garrett)
Provide support to the teachers to help our students be successful. Massey Hill has a great group of teachers willing to work to help students succeed. If a student misses an assignment, please make sure they make it up within the three-day window. Teachers need to move on with grading to keep it accurate and up-to-date.
FINAL GRADING PERIOD DATES TO REMEMBER!
SENIOR REQUEST FORMS FOR TWO EXTRA TICKETS ARE DUE
SENIOR PERMISSION SLIP FOR PICNIC, EARLY RELEASE FROM TESTING: DUE
CCS Job Fair at GCHS
Prom at Metro Room 8:00-12:00
Fine Arts Concert at DBHS 6:30
Dance Recital in Gym at 6:30
FINAL REPORT CARDS MAILED ON JUNE 3, 2019
Super Fitness Field Day
School Improvement Team Meeting (Open to Public) 3:00
SENIOR AWARDS AT 6:00
Last day for seniors (IF YOUR PERMISSION FORM IS COMPLETE AND ALL TESTING IS COMPLETE)
Fees due for underclassmen
Awards at 8:00 in the Gym
Locker Clean Out
Graduation Practice at Crown
Last day of School
Graduation at 9:00 Crown Theater
SCHEDULES FOR 2019-2020
Schedules will not be available until after YET (Year-end transition). YET will happen at the end of June. The system will be offline for approximately 2 weeks. When it comes back online it will update to reflect 2019-2020. Schedules will be mailed out at that time. A schedule change form will be available for a two week period. No changes will be made until after August and not all changes will be made. As a small school, there are limited sections of courses.
There are no short cuts to this process. The process must be followed in this order or your requests will not be considered.
1. Complete the form sent by me (Dr. Adams-Watkins) in JULY
2. I will review the request (core courses only). This includes NCVPS, Teleconferencing and FTCC.
3. ATTACHED IS A NCVPS INTEREST FORM. COMPLETE THE FORM
4. I WILL SCHEDULE SENIORS ONLY IN JUNE FOR A CONFERENCE WITH ME.
5. If a change is made it will be reflected on your schedule. You will be able to access that in Power School in JULY/AUGUST. I will not start working on the changes until AUGUST.
6. THERE ARE NO MEETING DAYS WITH STUDENTS AND PARENTS REGARDING SCHEDULES IN JULY.
Your schedule will not be changed if the following applies to you:
1) You did not complete the registration. If after a month of daily reminders, posters, announcements and calls home you did not fill out a form, I completed your schedule as promised and it will NOT be changed.
2. STUDENT/PARENT request schedule change from counselor, office staff. (They do NOT change schedules)
3) Student needs a core course and does not want to take it.
4) Student wishes to skip a course and not follow the NC sequence of courses.
5) Student needs a course to graduate and they do not want to take it.
6) You want a "free" period as a FRESHMAN, SOPHOMORE, or JUNIOR.
IMPORTANT NCVPS INFORMATION
EXITING FROM MASSEY HILL FOR 2019-2020
Make a copy and send the form to the main office. THANK YOU.
May 24, 2019
ALL EXTRA TICKETS MUST BE EARNED! You will receive 6 tickets, complete the form for two additional. All others are through volunteer opportunities.
HERE IS THE LINK TO THE GRADUATION SMORE for seniors and their parents.
COMPLETE THE SENIOR PERMISSION FORM
COMPLETE THE REQUEST FOR TWO ADDITIONAL TICKETS.
You are responsible for providing pertinent information to each of your invited guests. In order to maintain the dignity of graduation, there will be no clapping, shouting, or cheering as students’ names are called and diplomas are awarded. Interruptions of this kind will result in the student not receiving his/her diploma on the day of graduation. According to new CCS policy, a paper copy of the diploma will be awarded at the beginning of the next school year (principal discretion). Students will still be able to get a transcript.
CLASS OF 2020
Color will be voted on before summer.