Question 1) Who is a U.S citizen?
Foreign-born children under age 18 living in the U.S. with their birth or adoptive parents, at least one of whom is a U.S. citizen by birth or naturalization(test)
Individuals granted citizenship status by Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS)
Question 2) How to become a U.S citizen?
By Law or Birth
Law: Take Naturalization test
1) At least 18 yrs. old and a green card holder
2) Have lived in the U.S for a continue of 5 years
3) A person with moral character
4) No deportation
5) Have ability to read,write,speak, understand English phrases/words
6) Knowledge of U.S history
7) Swear allegiance to United States of America
Question 3) What Power does one have with the "office of citizen"
Question 4) What are rights, duties, and responsibilities of good citizenship?
Serve on a jury
Bring family members to the United States
Obtain citizenship for children born abroad
Travel with a U.S. passport
Run for federal office
Become eligible for federal grants and scholarship
Serve the country when required
Participate in the democratic process
Respect and obey federal, state, and local laws
Respect the rights, beliefs, and opinions of others
Participate in your local community