LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week - Nov. 17-21
- Nov. 17- TitleWish District Kick Off
- Nov. 17 -YA Lit meeting Panaera Bread on Wendover.
- Nov. 16-22 is American Education Week- Click Here to let me know what your school is planning to celebrate.
- Nov. 19- Middle School Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 /Wash. St. Rm 300
- Nov.19- High School Media & Tech. PLC 4:00-6:00/Wash. St. Rm 300
- Nov. 20- Elementary Media & Tech. PLC 2:00-4:00 Franklin Blvd. Board Room
- Nov. 20- Elementary Media & Tech. PLC 4:00-6:00 Franklin Blvd. Board Room
Do you want to be involved in the WFMY Holiday Parade?
Contact Nora Shoptaw for more information and to get involved.
TItleWish Links Active TODAY
Please make sure your school's TitleWish Link is linked to the Quick Links on your school's Web page.
We have created a Landing page with all GCS School URL's. I am waiting on a few from Follett. They will be linked by Tuesday.
CHECK THE UPDATED Instructional Technology and Innovation Department Course Offerings
Please remember to share information about Discovery Ed and the Instructional Technology department trainings with your staff. There are wonderful resources that every grade level and department should be taking advantage of.
- Click here for a full list of the UPDATED classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
CLICK HERE to access their newsletter.
NCTies Conference 2015 Registration Open!
We are excited to announce that conference registration is now open. This year's conference theme, Make IT Personal, combines the the ideas of personalized learning with maker spaces, bringing together ideas for engaging all learners. You won't want to miss our keynote speaker Kevin Honeycutt on Thursday morning along with several other featured speakers and new additions to the conference schedule. It's gonna be awesome! For more information and to register for Conference 2015 visit our website.
Call for Proposals!
- The deadline for conference proposals is November 7. Your sessions are what makes NCTIES such an awesome conference! If accepted, the first two presenters for each session receive complimentary conference registration.
- Do you have an exciting project that your students are working on this year? If so, we encourage you to submit a proposal for the Student Technology Showcase. Deadline for submissions is Nov. 30.
- Each year NCTIES recognizes individuals who have shown outstanding achievement and leadership in implementing technology to improve education. For details on how to nominate an educator who you feel is deserving visit our website.
- Do you have a great idea for a technology project but don't have the money needed to see this project come to fruition? Each year NCTIES offers three (3) $3000.00 grants that will be awarded for innovative, student-involved projects which effectively use technology. For more information visit our website.
- NCTIES is proud to offer two $2,000 scholarship opportunities. One will be awarded to a student pursuing a graduate degree/certification in Instructional Technology; the other to a student pursuing a graduate degree/certification in School Library Media. For more information on how to apply visit our website.
Today's Tech Tutortial- Kahoot!
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.