A Week in Review
Friday, October 14, 2016
A Note from Mrs. Messer
Due to the upcoming three day school week, there will be no newsletter sent home next week. Additionally, there will be no new spelling words..
Have a wonderful weekend!
- bold or highlighted text
- table of contents
In the writing, the students are starting to write their first personal narrative. The goal is for students to create a focused writing piece. They are very excited to share their stories in writing!
What did we work on this week?
- Verbalized thinking strategies
- Recognized the number of dots on dominoes (improving instant recognition)
- Explored the relationship between addition and subtraction
- Wrote addition and subtraction equations to match real-life math stories
- Played two new Math Work Place games called "Domino Add & Compare" and "Sort the Sum"
Are you looking for additional math practice at home? Check these sites out:
Digital Day Schedule
10/18 Day 1: PE/Media (Book Check-Out)
10/19 Day 2: PE/Music
10/20 Day 3: No School
10/21 Day 4: No School
Box Tops for Education
Peanut and Tree-Nut Sensitive Classroom
The "Nuts and Bolts" of First Grade