Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #23
January 29, 2021
- January 25th-February 12th: Winter Performance Series Testing Window for 3rd-5th Grade Students
- Thursday, February 4th: Virtual Learning Academy Supply Pick Up 7:30am-3:30pm
- Monday, February 15th: No School- Presidents' Day
- Thursday, February 18th: Virtual Learning Academy Supply Pick Up 7:30am-3:30pm
- Friday, February 26th: Teacher Institute Day- No Student attendance
Blended Experience Information
Please see each grade level link for Blended Experience information that is pertinent to your student:
Blended Experience School Hours
- PreK: 9:00am-2:30pm
- Kinder-5th Grade: 8:30am-2:20pm
- In Person students will follow the A/B Schedule as included above.
- K-5 Students will enter the building around 8:20am.
- On asynchronous days (not in person), students will meet with their classroom teacher via Zoom from 8:00am-8:25am.
Please contact the office at 630-301-5002 to report their absence.
Support from Home for Blended Experience
Please ensure your child has had breakfast prior to arriving at school at 8:30am. We will not be providing breakfast in the morning. Students will be sent home with breakfasts, lunches and dinners for days until they are next at school.
Complete a daily screening for your child(ren) by 8:00am Monday-Friday
Bring your water bottle filled up with water prior to arrival
Bring your charged Ipad/Chromebook
Face coverings are required for students to attend school. Please help your child practice wearing a mask appropriately and extending the length of time they wear it.
Please send extra masks so students have a back up mask in the case it is needed
Please continue open communication with your child’s teacher and the school. As a school community, we need to work together.
Please ensure your child is dressed for the weather. We will be having outdoor recess as much as possible as weather permits. When there is rain or the “feel like” temperatures are at or below 15 degrees, temperature with the wind chill, we will have indoor recess
Reminder about Specials
For virtual learning students:
On days you have an asynchronous special in your schedule, you will work on the assigned lesson that was sent out on Monday.
Virtual Learning Academy Information
- School hours are 8:00am-2:20pm.
- Daily schedules should have been communicated by the virtual learning teacher.
- Daily attendance is submitted by 8:30am for virtual students. If a student is not present on zoom, the office will follow up with a phone call.
Daily Health Screener
Please have the daily health screener completed by 8:00am each morning. If the screener is not completed by 8:00am, the office will be following up with phone calls.
The screener will help guide you on whether your child can attend school that day. Your child will not be able to be in their class if the health screener is not completed. It will also prompt communication with our schools’ health office to see how we can help support your child during and after their absence.
Daily Lunch Order Information
Food Service Announcement for Elementary Families
Food Service information:
Take Home Meal Opt-out form:
Take Home Meal Opt-out form in Spanish: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A05c6d99b-5d82-4411-982c-6148d9b14c33&fbclid=IwAR1jI1qU-WgJCsUGafM2lxHrKcAq01uLNV7aRyCwFW00qH_MsoNIA1ZuPYw#pageNum=1
Winter Benchmark Testing for 3rd-5th Grade
This school year 3rd-5th grade students will be taking Performance series during the winter testing window. 2nd grade will tentatively be taking the assessment in the Spring.
The testing window will open on January 25th and close on February 12th. Classroom teachers for both virtual and in person students in grades 3-5 will select times to take both the reading and math test. Students will be taking the express version of the test which has about 20-25 questions. Please contact your child’s teacher or me for more information.
Dress for the weather!
As we are in the cold weather months, we want to inform you of our policy in regards to recess and car line. We will be outside for recess as often as possible as long as the feel like temperature (the temperature with the windchill) is 15 degrees or above. Please make sure students have hats and gloves. Our car line tries to move as quickly as possible and we thank you for your patience.