Menu of Ideas
Open the Door of Possibility
What Can I Do For You?
I would like to invite all of my Region 6 schools to include me when planning for your "next steps" as you begin thinking about your plans for this summer and next school year. For some, we have met and worked together diligently this past year. For others, we haven't had the chance to connect. I would like to rectify that and continue to work with all.
I would like to be more involved at the building level in the future. I am providing a list of opportunities and examples of how you might include me in your plans. Several of the ideas included below are examples of how schools have already involved me this past year, but are not limited to only these examples. Please, let me know if you have a different way you would like to involve me in your future plans.
Examples of How I Can Work With Your School Leadership Team or Staff
- Build Next Steps and Root Cause Analysis with Leaders to determine key points of change
- Work with building leaders to develop walk-through forms to include targeted "Look Fors"
- Work with instructional leaders to triangulate walk-through forms, PD time, and classroom instruction
- Conduct an all day "Classroom Walk-Through Audit" with instructional coaches and/or principals in order to get in every classroom and then reflect on the data
- Work with the leadership team on conducting "coaching conversations" with staff following observations
- Work with leadership team to develop an "Instructional Toolbox" to use while conducting "coaching conversations"
- Spend the day in the building working with teachers during their grade level meetings on a specific topic or differentiated topics that meet your teachers' needs
- Work with staff before/after school during their PLC time
- Work with instructional coaches to build a targeted PD for your building
- Build and provide a professional development based on your school's needs
- Work with the school leadership team to develop a fluid data analysis system
- Connect your school with other specialists from the DOE
- Work with building leaders to interpret data and then build next steps and goals
- And much more!
Examples of Professional Development Offered
Defining it, Unpacking it, and Applying It
Checks for Understanding
Formative Assessment Techniques to Guide Instruction
Effectively Using Data for Change and Growth
Understanding the process of curriculum design
English Language Learners
Planning with ALL Students in Mind
Why, What, and How