Sara's Coaching Corner
Hosp Elementary, November 16, 2015
Mistakes grow your brain!
- Cluster 4 is now loaded for all grade levels.
- Kinder Mentor Lesson 3.6 has been revised. You can access the updated version of this lesson in Eduphoria Forethought.The updated lesson has a new poem attached to support K.8B (describes characters in a story and their reasons for their actions.
The Reading Strategies Book by Jennifer Serravallo
She says in the book that, "Strategies are deliberate, effortful, intentional and purposeful actions a reader takes to accomplish a specific task or skill. A reading strategy is step-by-step, a procedure or recipe."
There is one copy of this book in my room, but 2 more are on their way! :)
A few notes from our math coordinators:
- Due to a substitute shortage, it was necessary for us to postpone last Friday's previously scheduled curriculum writing. We will have curriculum documents for cluster 3, which begins in January, as soon as we can complete them. We will have cluster planners, CBAs, and daily problem solving available before Thanksgiving. Lessons will be posted when we return from break.
- Remember that Supporting documents for the revised Math TEKS are available for order at the copy center. These documents make a great companion tool for planning!
- Remind teams to refer to Forethought throughout the cluster because as ideas/activities/lessons are shared with us, we add them to Eduphoria for all to use. We also post announcements on adjustments made to CBAs or lessons in the Forethought window.