January 29, 2021
Thank you for your continued support through a challenging school year. We are thankful to see so many of our students engaged and succeeding, and encourage you to stick with it! The effort is worth the reward.
We also encourage you to let your friends and interested neighbors know about enrollment for next year at UCAS. We are accepting applications now, and the deadline to be included in our first lottery is February 19th. Information, forms, and registration can be found on the first page of our Website at Ucas-edu.net
Please take note of some important information and deadlines in this update. Contact the front office in either Orem or Provo if you have questions. The Orem phone is: 801-863-2222, the Provo phone number is 385-375-3021.
Siblings who want to come to UCAS
If you have a sibling that would like to attend UCAS next Fall, please have them apply by the application deadline, Friday, February 19th at 11:59 pm: https://www.ucas-edu.net
Concurrent Enrollment Tuition is Due Feb 3rd
How do I pay CE tuition?
The cashier’s (Bursar) office is located in the Browning Administration Building, BA-109, and is open Monday, Thursday, and Friday 8 AM-5 PM and Tuesday and Wednesday 8 AM-6 PM.
Checks or Money Orders can be mailed to:
Utah Valley University, Bursar’s Office
800 W University Pkwy, MS 109
Orem, UT 84058
Log in to my.uvu.edu with your UVID and your password.
Under the student tab on the home page, click on “Paying for my Education”
To view the HCE (High School Concurrent Enrollment) Tuition amount, click on “Student Account Activity” and click on the term you need to pay for i.e., SPRING 2021
Pay that amount under the “Make a Payment Tab”
Questions regarding your account, visit the Bursar’s website
ACT Boot Camp - for all juniors and interested sophomores
To register, click here
Engineering and Technology Week at UVU
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY WEEK 2021: PROJECT COMPETITION RULES & INSTRUCTIONS
Middle school and High School students in Utah are encouraged to participate in the 2021 Engineering & Technology Week project competition. The College of Engineering & Technology at UVU hosts this competition annually as part of this event and offers awards and scholarships for the winning projects.
Students are required, either individually or as a team, to complete a project of their own choosing relevant to engineering and technology. Each individual or team may choose the topic that they would like to focus on.
Each project should include the following criteria:
• Problem Statement: What problem is the project trying to solve?
• Approach to Solving the Problem: What approach using Technology/Engineering mindset is used to solve the problem? • Implementation: Demonstrate that the project works and solves the problem.
• Presentation: 1-3 minute video stating the problem statement, approach to problem solution, and demonstration of the working project.
SUBMITTING A PROJECT
All projects must be submitted by 5pm on February 16th, 2021. This year our project competition will be virtual, meaning projects must be filmed and submitted as a video. Each video must meet the following criteria:
• Introduce the school, supervising teacher, and student(s) working on the project
• Describe your problem statement and the inspiration for the project
• Must be 1 minute long (3 minutes max)
• Everyone shown in the video must submit a release form found on our website (those younger than 18 years old must have a parent sign the release form)
• Video needs to be horizontal to fill a wide screen format and submitted as an MP4 or .mov file format • Videos must not contain offensive content or language
• Tips: Speak clearly, have good lighting, have close up footage of the project, and let each team member have time to speak
Finished projects need to be submitted to our website, there will be a submission form to complete and upload your project. The form to submit the video may be found at uvu.edu/cet/engtech-week/. UVU has some equipment that may be borrowed at no cost to help with filming the project videos.
JUDGING AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF AWARDS –
FEBRUARY 24TH, 2021 (TIME TBD)
Student projects will be judged by a panel of engineering and technology faculty at UVU. The judges will meet with each team on a live Zoom call to ask additional questions. Each participating school will be notified of the time for judging. Each team or individual project will be required to explain their project and answer questions. Awards will be announced and posted on our website.
1st Place: $400 UVU College of Engineering and Technology Scholarship to EACH participating team member (up to 4 awards) 2nd Place: $30 Gift Cards per team member
3rd Place: $20 Gift Cards per team member
Need more help with the projects? Have additional questions?
Contact our STEM Outreach Coordinator, Megan Stanley at Megan.Stanley@uvu.edu or call (801) 863-4801.