Mrs. Platz's Class Newsletter
December 18th, 2015
Monday - A - PE
Tuesday - B - Library
Wednesday - C - Music
Thursday - D - PE
Friday - E - Art
Your First Grader Has Been Working On...
- counting to 120 on an open number line.
- writing numbers to represent a group of objects.
- finding better, faster ways to solve problems.
- reviewed our class goals and how we are doing as a class. Currently we have met 1 out of our 3 goals!
- recognizing and reading contractions.
- understanding the concept of force and motion through making paper airplanes!
- gingerbread houses!
bring, trunk, pink, bank, sang, wing, rink, blank, rang, sunk, every, thank, think, went, no
You can practice these words at SpellingCity.com:
Students came home with their Flat Gingy on Friday, along with details on what to do with their Flat Gingy. Students can take their friend out and about over winter break. Students can write about his/her adventures with Flat Gingy. Students will bring back their Flat Gingy after break so we can share all their adventures!
Gingerbread Party and More!
Many class events and stories are shared through our Class Dojo Class Story page during the week. This group does require you to download the Class Dojo app. Anytime news is added to our class story page, you will be notified. You can also send messages to me via the app. If you'd like to be added to the Class Dojo group, please send me an email and I'll send you an invite!
More Big News
Students found out this week that we will have a second teacher in our classroom starting January 11th. Miss Dixon will be working in our classroom as part of her student teaching experience at Missouri Western. Our class was beyond excited!!! Miss Dixon is excited to meet our kiddos, and they can't wait to meet her!