Notre Dame News
The just man is a light in darkness to the upright. (Psalm 112)
- February 9, 10, 11: Matilda @ Red Deer Memorial Centre
- February 8: Youth Ministry Open House
- February 9: Prayer and Praise @ 8:00am in the Chapel
- February 9: Student Voice @ 12:00 pm in room 2505
February 9-11 @ 7pm
February 11 @ 1pm (Matinee Show)
Preview Show: February 8 @ 7pm (entrance by donation)
13th Annual Valentine's Dessert Night
Where: You will be bused from Notre Dame and St. Joe's to Pioneer Lodge downtown.
Tickets are $10.00 per person and can be purchased at the Youth Ministry office.
Enjoy a night of food, entertainment and fun with this annual event where you will be pampered by our servers.
Our Lady of Victory Camp
Summer Camp at OLVC is back!
Here’s what the summer will look like:
- Saturday, July 8 – Grand Re-opening BBQ (All welcome! Details coming soon.)
- July 9-13 – High School Camp (Grades 10-12. Youth who attend these weeks can volunteer as junior counselors at the elementary, jr high, and all ages weeks of camp.)
- July 16-20 – Elementary Camp (Grades 4-6)
- July 23-27 (Tentative) – Benedict XVI Institute “Great Books” Week
- July 30-August 3 – Junior High Camp (Grades 7-9)
- August 6-10 – All Ages Camp (Grades 4-9)
Gowns for Grads
February 20th- 1pm-5pm February 21st- 10am-4pm February 22nd- 10am-4pm February 23rd- 10am-4pm February 24th- 10am-3pm Elks Hall 6315 Horn Street
Volunteer responsibilities include: tying skates, skating with students, demonstrating skills, encouraging students and sharing your passion for skating and hockey.
Dates: Attend all dates or pick and choose what works best for you!
- February 13th, 27th
- March 13th, 20th, 27th
- April 17th, 24th
- May 8th, 15th
Location: Penhold Multiplex
Contact: Kris Horrocks via email - firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
RCMPTalks Panelist Discussion for Parents
First Ever RCMPTalks Panelist Discussion for Parents!
• WHO: The RCMP will be hosting its first-ever virtual RCMPTalks session for parents and guardians of children and youth across Canada.
• WHAT: It will feature panelist expert speakers from the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction, Bullying Canada, and the Canadian Centre for Child Protection.
• WHY: The goal of this session is to give parents and guardians guidance on how they can help youth with regard to mental health, substance use, cyberbullying, and sextortion.
• WHEN: It will be held on March 15th from 7PM to 8:30 PM (Eastern Standard Timezone). Please check the timing for your time zone.
• WHERE: The event will be held virtually on MS Teams and will conclude with a question and answer period on Sli.do.
• TO REGISTER: Parents, guardians, educators, and organizations can email RCMP.Youth-Jeunesse.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
If there are any questions please contact the Red Deer RCMP – Youth and Community Engagement Team at (403) 406-2483 or by email at KRedDeerCPVS@rcmp-grc.gc.ca