The Buccaneer Bulletin
Principal Newsletter - August 19th, 2022
Week 1 is in the books! It was an incredible week of learning, growing, and building relationships. By now, your students should be diving into curriculum and learning from their outstanding teachers. Students are in their routine of our 7 period schedule and understand school-wide expectations. This first week of school was a great success!
As smooth as this week was, I understand afternoon dismissal is a point of concern. After consulting with many different parties, we believe using both lanes will most effectively get cars in and out as quickly as possible. While week 1 traffic is typically slower as everyone learns routines, I am happy to say we cut our dismissal time in half from day 1 to day 2 of school (which continued even during the bad weather yesterday).
Some key things we need from you regarding arrival/dismissal:
- In the morning, please do not park in the car rider line and wait until 8:20 to let your student out. This backs up the line for everyone else. If you would like to wait, please park in a spot, and then get in line when you are ready to drop off.
- After school, please pull all the way forward in the line when it is your turn to fill the queue. This allows for as many cars as possible to pull up, so we can load more cars at one time.
- Please emphasize to your student to be looking for your car, so they are ready to load quickly (especially if you are in the first round of cars).
- If you need to pick up a student early, but the line has already started, please park at the back of the parking lot and walk into the building using the crosswalks.
- The LTISD Cottage (house in front of HBMS) is not for student drop off/pick up. Please do not use this parking lot for this purpose. There are students in this building, and it is not safe for them to have traffic in that lot.
I greatly appreciate everyone's patience. It is a team effort, and we have drastically reduced the time this takes by working together!
Laura Keogh, Principal
Morning & Afternoon Homework Help
BEFORE SCHOOL - 7:20-8:20am (Monday-Friday)
- Room 748 with Mr. Beatty
- Library with Ms. Hooker
- Room 775 with Mr. Gaffney
AFTER SCHOOL - 4:20-5:20pm (Monday-Thursday)
- Mondays and Wednesdays - Room 752 with Mr. Zambito
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - Room 775 with Mr. Gaffney
- There will not be Homework Help on Friday afternoons
As a reminder, we do not have late buses running routes this year, so if your child stays after school for Homework Help, it is the expectation that you pick him/her up at 5:20pm.
Thank you for your kind donations and supporting our Buccaneers in this capacity.
Call for Artwork!
LTISD visual arts has been asked to collaborate with the Engage and Heal Foundation. You will find more information here. This is not an assignment or project, rather a chance for enrichment and an opportunity for students to experience an art call, be part of an exhibition and possibly a money making opportunity with their artistic response to a specific prompt/theme.
This art call is open to grades 5th - 12th in LTISD. Again, this is an optional opportunity for any student to participate.
Collecting Sprout Supply Boxes!
Did a teacher or staff member do something outstanding for your child? Use this Form to submit a staff shout out! This will be printed and delivered to the staff member by Ms. Keogh.
HBMS Leadership Team
Assistant Principal: Matt Holley
Counselor: Dana Page
Assistant Principal: Brian Gill
Counselor: JoAnn Bryan
Assistant Principal: Cristy Castanares
Counselor: Surita Scholla
Miss a Newsletter?
Please note that The Buccaneer Bulletin is sent to the email addresses you have listed in Skyward Family Access. If you are not receiving weekly newsletters, please verify that your information is correct in Skyward.