What's Happening at JPE?
Updates due to School Closures
A Message from the Principal:
Due to the governor's mandate, our office will be closed for the next few weeks. We will place paper packets outside the door from 9am --11am in the mornings (Monday - Thursday) if you still need to pick one up. All staff members can be reached through email. A link to all email addresses is on our school website (below).
Our teachers have been updating their websites weekly in order to offer new ideas to engage your students. Our goal with this is to keep them learning through this time. All teachers have created a way to connect digitally with students. We encourage you to contact your student's teacher to find out how to best keep learning happening. It is also a great way for them to communicate with each other in a safe environment.
Online platforms being used: Google Classrom/Meet, Zoom, Seesaw, Facebook/Facebook Live, Flipgrid, etc! Our teachers are beyond outstanding -- and so are your students! I have been amazed at the learning that is taking place from home! SUPER JOB, EVERYBODY!!
Email addresses have been updated. We will be sending information out through email, text message, and our Facebook page. We have also created a YouTube Channel for students to access videos from their teachers.
Mighty Moms is available for anyone who may need help with food. Please contact Mrs. Kennedy if you are in need of anything. We are a family - and we are here for you. We will be making deliveries on Fridays.
Most everything below will link you to different parts of our website and other sites that may be helpful. Please use this newsletter as needed while we are away from school as your guide for help. We will update it weekly.
We miss you all so much. You are in our prayers!
Lauren Kennedy, Principal
Important Notes for Parents:
1. Once a test is taken, it cannot be retaken. One chance only.
2. Make sure you choose the "English" option. There is a Spanish option, too.
3. You can review what you miss when you finish the test. You cannot go back to see this later.
4. There is a "vocabulary" option - this does not help with points, and is not the reading test.
5. AR will NOT be used for grades - just as an incentive to keep our friends reading at home :)
6. Students may not use the book to take a test. Our goal for reading comprehension score on each test is 85%.
7. If students click on the wrong book, we can't undo that - they will just have to click through and take the test.
8. The testing window will be open from 8:30am - 3:30pm daily.
9. Students should take tests on their own.
We will open it by Monday.
Please remember, Ms. Melissa is still available for tele-therapy services for parents whose children were receiving services through RKM. Contact her about available services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage continued participation even while we're out of school to help ensure student gains are maintained, and evidence shows counseling is most effective when conducted on a consistent basis.
Club Websites and More: Click on the pictures or links below to access new information for our JPE Clubs. EVERYONE can use these links to find more creative ways to learn while you are at home. Show us what you create by posting pictures in the comments on FB or by emailing your teacher! RECENTLY UPDATED!!
PE Ideas -- Click on the picture below.
Talking to your children about COVID-19
Mrs. Vicari, our counselor, has updated her website with great information:
These are links to outside sites that help with teaching about the Virus.