Last Dollar Grant Application Open
Crosby Scholars Need-Based LDG Grant Open May 1, 2023
Apply through Submittable (New Application Software.)
Please note we have a new application process. You will need to create an account on Submittable. You will enter your information and upload your documents in this program. Dominic Jones, Financial Aid Coordinator for Crosby Scholars Iredell County, will review all documentation and process your application. If you have any questions, you can reach Jacob at email@example.com.
The Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant is need-based financial aid.
- A scholar must apply for financial aid by submitting a FAFSA to be considered for a Last Dollar Grant. Link to the line by line demo of how to complete the FAFSA
- A scholar must demonstrate not only financial need but also remaining need after the school of choice has awarded aid.
- To determine eligibility, the Crosby Scholars staff completes a need analysis form on each scholar individually.
Three supporting documents must be uploaded to the application. These documents include:
- a copy of the scholar’s letter of admission from the institution he/she will attend,
- a copy of the financial aid award letter from the institution he/she will attend, and
- a copy of pages 1 and 2 of the SAR- Student Aid Report (Generated from the completion of the FAFSA)
You can begin the application and then save to finish. We will not review your application until all documents are uploaded. Priority is given to those applications received prior to the deadline. The deadline for grant requests is June 30.
Scholars are notified of our decision by email from the Submittable Program Application. An award is made payable to the institution and is sent directly to the institution to be credited to the scholar's account. The funds will be mailed in the summer and are to be used for the Fall Semester.
Crosby Scholars who complete the program their senior year with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher are eligible to apply for a Last Dollar Grant for up to 4 years. Even if the Last Dollar Grant is not awarded the first year, the scholar may still reapply 3 times. If you have problems submitting your application, please reach out to Jacob Leonard with any issues.
A scholar who does not graduate from high school with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, may apply once his/her college cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher.
Students must apply for Last Dollar Grant funding within two years of high school graduation. The Last Dollar Grant policy states that scholars are eligible for funding consideration for up to four years of undergraduate studies within six years after high school graduation.