East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
May 27th - School Closed for Memorial Day
May 28th - 6th Grade Awards @ 6pm
May 29th - 3rd-5th Grade Awards @ 9am
May 29th - 6th Grade Party
May 30th - Last Day of School
If you haven't done so already please visit the Parent Portal at https://www.arabiangrades.com/ and register your students for next school year. You simply log-in to your Parent Portal, click on the demographic change tab, review your info & make changes as needed. Check your transportation plans, click on the Acceptable Use policy and then submit. Spring Registration is important because it allows us to establish how many sections of each grade level will be needed in the fall. When building class lists, only those students that have completed spring registration will be placed in a class. Thank you for helping us obtain an accurate student count. If your student will NOT be returning to EES next year, please contact the office at 779-4445 or email Mrs. Hobbs @ email@example.com
Preparing for Next Year
Weather Permitting Field Day is Tuesday May 28th for grades 3-6. Parents please send the following items with your student:
Wear Class Color
**If your student needs a lunch the school will provide a sack lunch for them.
Tires for the Super Reader Run
We have a limited quantity of yearbooks available. First come, first serve. If you would like to purchase one please contact the office. They are $15. Cash only
Lunch Visitor Procedures
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student at the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please return to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students.
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
Please write a note to the teacher & bus driver if there are any changes to your student's dismissal plans. If there is an emergency change, please phone the office by 2:30. Please do not leave a voicemail about transportation changes. We can not guarantee we will have time to listen to the message before dismissal.
Join us for the 2nd Annual INCourage 5K and Kids Color Run
July 13, 2019 @ Historic Falls Park in Pendleton, IN
5K Start time 9am & Kids Color Run start time 10am
For more information check out www.incouragekids.com/
Learn To Swim Lessons with Pendleton Swim Club
Give your children a safe advantage in and around the water by enrolling in our Learn to Swim lessons! Our Fourth session of the season will begin on June 8th , and lessons will be held on Saturdays. Please visit our website for specific lesson dates and times, or feel free to contact swim lesson coordinator, Amber Roberts, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Online registration is open at www.pendletonswimclub.org.
Community Night @ Pendleton Christian Church
Pendleton Christian Church provides a free meal on Thursday nights, called Community Night. We serve meals in our main auditorium from 5:00-7:00pm every Thursday, August – May. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Outfitters Spring/Summer Shopping & Upcoming Change in Voucher program
Outfitters Shopping & Scheduling News
Please look for the Outfitters flyer in the eligibility email for scheduling information. That will serve as your voucher in the fall. Fall shopping will begin tentatively on July 15th and be available through September 19th, 2018.
Additional information will available on our website at outfittersclothers.org
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $18.25 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016
Important Policies and Procedures
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 4th.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 12:10
6th Grade: 12:40