Raymore Update: 12/9/14
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Elf on a Shelf Fun at Raymore Elementary!
Emma likes hanging out in Mrs. Meyer's room while waiting for the students to arrive.
Emma also delivered some letters to Mrs. Meyer's students.
Sparky enjoys Mrs. Thompson's class. He was excited about the arrival of the month of December!
Early Childhood Students Make the News!
Panther Cub Academy has exciting learning going on! Click below to check it out!
December Reminders/Inspiration Letter from Cheris
Wishing you a wonderful December! Some things to keep in mind this month.
1. Keep structure and routines in place to reduce chaos.
2. Review transitions right before each move as much as is possible.
3. Some sentence starters that can be used at carpet, in morning journal or in class meeting...
One thing I can do to show self control even though I'm excited is......
One thing I can do to stay focused even though I am tired is....
__________ is a good friend because__________ .
Three ways I can show generosity without spending money are____________.
4. Take a few minutes with your students each day to come to complete calm. Feel and hear what it feels like to be silent and still. Breath deeply 3-4 times and then transition to a quieter independent activity.
5. Remember if you let one student slide more will follow. Maintain consistency.
These are just a few reminders to help us increase focus and success. Please feel free to email me if you need some inspiration or new ideas.
Enjoy each moment you only get to spend them once!
Leadership Survey Open Through Dec. 10
The annual district Leadership Survey is open through December 10. The purpose of the Leadership Survey is to provide constructive and helpful feedback to administrators. The survey was designed around the 31 responsibilities of leaders from McRel which includes responsibilities such as change agents, ensuring collab time, being aware of situations, etc. As always, we appreciate you taking the time to give your constructive and meaningful feedback.
Leadership Survey Link:
Collab with Curriculum Specialists Cancelled - Friday, Dec. 12
PTA Family Movie Night - Friday, Dec. 12
Please Complete the PTA Staff Survey
Dates on Target Sheets
Secret Santa Reveal & Breakfast - Dec. 19
Link to sign up to bring a treat:
Need Something Laminated, Cut out, etc.?
If you need something laminated, cut out, or a bulletin board done you can submit a request for a parent or volunteer to assist:
1. Fill out a few details on this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/a/raypec.org/spreadsheets/d/1c5s4j0BCwiL2Da2AqYSn4IFyOil1ddRgDfhDXc956iI/edit?usp=sharing
2. Email Karla to let her know if you've entered a project
3. Leave all project materials & directions in the box in the workroom by the end of each Friday.
4. Karla will let any willing volunteer (right now we have 1-2) & hopefully they'll be available! They'll work in our conference room.
**Many of you said you already are sending projects home with your parents, and keep that up! If you aren't and would like to, PTA/Karla has that list of your parents who said they'd be willing to work on things at home. Hopefully this new twist can be an additional support with larger projects & lamination. We will designate & train the volunteer who laminates to avoid unintentional issues with our very sensitive lamination machine!
A HUGE thank you to Karla! We'll have to work out kinks, but hopefully this will be a help to those of you who would like this kind of assistance with a few of the many items on your overflowing task list!
January 2nd Health Screening... Sign Up Soon
Step 1. Complete a Health Screening: January 2, 2015
To register, visit A Healthier You at www.MyBlueKC.com. You will be able to view locations, and times through your online portal. You will need your Blue KC member ID information located on your member ID card to login to the site for the first time. Be sure to register at least 24 hours in advance to secure your appointment. An Alternative Means Screening form is also available on the portal if you prefer to obtain screening results from your physician.
Step 2. Take the online Health Risk Assessment (HRA):
You can complete your confidential HRA at your health screening or by visiting A Healthier You at www.MyBlueKC.com. This health assessment will provide you with a personalized report to help you identify your risks and learn how to improve your overall health.
Articles and Information for You as the Teacher
Reminders & FYIs
- BLT Mtg: Dec. 10
- SAT Meeting: Dec. 12
- PTA Family Movie Night: Dec. 12 @ 6:00 pm
- PLC Data Teams Training On Site: Dec. 16
- WatchDOG Refresher (pizza): Dec. 16 @ 6:30 pm (cafe)
- First Grade Holiday Musical: Dec. 18 @ 6:30 pm
- Pre K Winter Parties: Dec. 17 & 18 @ 10:00 a.m & 1:45 pm
- WatchDOG Refresher (donuts): Dec. 19 @ 7:30 am (library)
- Elementary Winter Parties: Dec. 19 @ 12:25 pm
- End of Second Quarter/Early Release: Dec. 19
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up. Thank you!
- Fridays --jeans with Ray Pec spirit wear.
- Continue checking off students at dismissal.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement