LHR Monday Memo
May 23, 2016
Rather Junior High...Home of the BEST STUDENTS and TEACHERS in Texas!
Tue, 5/24 = NJHS Induction @ TRIBE time
Wed, 5/25 = S.T.A.R. Card Reward Field Trip
Thur, 5/26 = LHR Awards Ceremony 1:00pm (new time)
Fri, 5/27 = Bad Weather Day - NO SCHOOL
Mon, 5/31 = Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL
Tue, 5/31 = LHR Talent Show 1pm
Wed, 6/1 = LHR Student Appreciation Day (similar to field day)
Thur, 6/2 = Last Day of School - Student Early Release (see schedule below)
Thur, 6/2 = Faculty Meeting 1:00pm; Farewell Party 3:00pm
Fri, 6/3 = Staff Development Day; BISD Lunch/Awards 11:00am
- The 8th grade Manufacturing Day field trip was a big success. Our students represented LHR very well and we received many compliments on their behavior.
- Thank you to everyone who has made the extra effort to provide more diligent monitoring of students during transitions. Keep it going as the end of school draws near.
- Kuddos to our LifeSkills students on their accomplishments at recent Special Olympics events. They have hearts as big as Texas and a team of teachers who are completely dedicated to helping them achieve their dreams.
- Make sure you're keeping track of all of the upcoming calendar events. This is a busy time of year and being organized and flexible are very important.
- If you will be absent for part or all of any school day from now until the end of the school year, please make sure you prepare quality lesson plans that include activities that will keep students focused and engaged for the entire class period. Word searches do not meet this criteria and should not be part of your sub plans.
- Parent contact should still be made when your students experience academic or behavioral issues. One of the best tools we have for improving student behavior and performance is a phone call home in a timely manner.