GLC Weekly Newsletter
February 20, 2022
What's Happening This Week
Monday, February 21
- NO SCHOOL (Presidents' Day)
- Twin Day! (2-22-22)
- Basketball game vs. SVA @ GLC, 3:15-4:30 p.m.
- Volunteer orientation and training, 6:00 p.m. (Zoom) (English)
Wednesday, February 23
- Volunteer orientation and training, 8:30 a.m. (in-person, MPR) (Spanish)
- SlickRock Film Festival practice, 2:20-3:30 p.m.
- Math Superbowl practice, 2:20-3:30 p.m.
- Run Club (Gr 4-8), 3:15-4:00 p.m.
Friday, February 25
- Panda Express PTSA Fundraiser, 9:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
Volunteer Orientation and Training Opportunities
To learn more and to get started on the process of becoming a GLC volunteer, attend one of the following orientations/training:
- Tuesday, 6:00-6:45 p.m. (English) (Zoom)
- Wednesday, 8:30-9:15 a.m. (English/Spanish) (In-person, MPR)
- Zoom link
- Meeting ID: 987 9577 3336
- Passcode: GLCshine
Panda Express Fundraiser!
There are two ways to order:
Order online at PandaExpress.com or on the app. Enter 333372 in the fundraiser code box.
Order in-person at the 1933 Dinuba Blvd. location and show THIS flyer (printed or on your smartphone).
For additional information, go to http://vusd.org/glcs.
The PTSA makes many fun events possible at GLC each year, including SHINE spirit wear, Holidays Around the World, Read Across America, field trips, and more!
Expanding access to Transitional Kindergarten
VUSD board members visit
Several VUSD board members have visited GLC this year, including Trustee Randy Villegas (picture here) who represents the GLC area. Here they are watching small group Math instruction.
Some of our orchestra students took advantage of the warming weather and practiced outside this week. Music outside makes for a fabulous atmosphere!
One of the foundational Socio-Emotional Learning (SEL) practices we employ at GLC is Morning Meeting, which involves greetings, teacher messages, and team-building.