January 29-31 & February 1-3, 2023
Hello Walker Families & Partners,
2023 WALKER EVENTS
Students return to school on January 5th for a two day week following Christmas break. The events for spring 2023 can be found listed below. Please mark your calendar with these events.
- January 31 - Chick-fil-A Spirit Night 5-8 pm
- February 3 - First Friday with Families 7:45 am (All Parents are invited)
- February 7 - HTMS Parent Night 6:00-7:00 (all current 5th grade parents and students)
- February 7 - Spirit/Skate Night at Roller City! 6 - 8 pm
- February 8 - 2nd Grade Music Performance for school 1:00 pm
- February 9 - Lunch with Dads (or any favorite friend) (Kindergarten, 2nd, & 4th Grade)
- February 9 - 2nd grade Music Performance for parents and guests (5:30-students arrive; 6:00-program begins)
- February 10 - KKids 7:15-7:45 AM
- February 10 - Lunch with Dads (or any favorite friend) (1st, 3rd, 5th Grade)
- February 14 - Valentine’s Day Party Food Day (Snack from PTA)
- February 14 - KKIDS Family Project in cafeteria 6:00 pm
- February 16 - Lifetouch Spring Picture Day
- February 20 - No School Presidents' Day, PD Flex Day
- February 22 - Spirit Night at Papa John’s 4 - 8 PM
- March 6-7 - Student Led Conferences
- March 10 - KKids 7:15-7:45 AM
- March 13 - Lifetouch Class Picture Day
- March 14 - Spirit Night at Dairy Queen 3-9pm
- March 15 - 1st Grade Music Performance for school 1:00 pm
- March 16 - 1st grade Music Performance for parents and guests (5:30-students arrive; 6:00-program begins)
- March 16 - Lifetouch Kindergarten Cap & Gown Picture Day
- March 17 - PTA St. Patrick’s Day Fun Food Friday (Snacks for sale $1.00 each) & End 3rd Quarter (50 days)
- March 20-24 - Spring Break
- March 27 - Begin 4th Quarter
- March 28 - Spirit/Skate Night at Roller City! 6 - 8 pm
- April 3 - Color Run Kickoff & Packets go home & Report cards go home
- April 5 - Spirit Night Andy's Frozen Custard 11-11
- April 6 - Parent Night 6:00-7:30
- April 7 - Kindergarten Egg Hunt
- April 14 - KKids 7:15-7:45 AM
- April 14 - PTA Color Run
- April 20 - - Spirit/Skate Night at Roller City! 6 - 8 pm
- May 1-5 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 5 - Chuck E Cheese Spirit Night 3:00-9:00 pm
- May 4 & 5 - Mom Shop - $1.00
- May 11 - Lunch with Moms (or any favorite friend) (Kindergarten, 2nd, & 4th Grade)
- May 12 - Lunch with Moms (or any favorite friend) (Pre-K, 1st, 3rd, 5th Grade)
- May 22 - 5th Grade Celebration 9:30 am & Kindergarten Celebration 12:30 pm
- May 23 - Talent Show 8:30
- May 24 - Fun/Field Day
- May 25 - Last Day of School Kickball & Greet the New Grade
- End 4th Qtr (44 days)
Thank you for your partnership,
Mrs. Lynn Ryan, Principal, email@example.com
Mrs. Carrie Farris, Assistant Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know your child has access to our on-line library from home?
The Lightbox Learning Classroom Solutions are web-based products that have everything you need to help your child discover the joy of learning. Each digital title comes packed with unique, fully integrated multimedia features, including embedded videos, slideshows, and curated weblinks. High-quality audio narration helps students improve literacy. Please help your child read books on devices at home. Time spent reading will help your child learn to read and to read to learn!
Welcome To HTMS!
Helen Tyson Middle School will be hosting a rising (future) 6th grade parent night. We will be providing information about 'Who' we are as a school and a community and the great things HTMS has to offer. Parents will get to hear from Administration, teachers, and other staff.
4th Grade Newsletter 1/30/23
4th GRADE WALKER WILDCATS ________________________________________________ January 30, 2023 Announcements Please be sure your child has a backpack and a water bottle at school every day. Important Dates January 31 Chick-fil-A Spirit Night (5-8 p.m.) What's Happening next week Reading:...
Have you ordered your Wildcat a 2022-23 Walker Yearbook, yet?
Order your Walker Elementary yearbook today. Go to https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/Order/SelectStudent?isAdvertisementOnly=False Our Walker Elementary code is: 8405323. Yearbooks cost $20 for a soft cover or $25 for a hard cover. The front cover of our 2022-23 yearbook was designed by Nora. Congratulations, Nora! Nora's design included our school mascot and our district logo.
Amazing Camp War Eagle?
APPLY online, including Qualifications, for each camper. Campers must meet the following requirements to be considered for enrollment: Qualifications must be completed. All Campers must be immunized. Must live in Benton, Carroll, Madison or Washington County, Arkansas Overnight campers: ages 7-17 AND currently enrolled in 1st - 11th grade.
ESL Office Supports for Families
If you need an interpreter our ESL office available 8 am - 4 pm. Ms. Gaby is also able to answer questions in Spanish at Walker from 7:30-4:00. We have a school program for parents to learn English while also learning how to support their child's learning needs. Please see the information below to join our Springdale Family Literacy Program. Our Springdale Family Literacy Program will start the year online. If you or someone you know is looking for classes in English, check out the information linked at the bottom of this newsletter.
In-School Counseling Services
Arisa Health / Ozark Guidance Counseling (OGC) has partnered with us to provide school counseling services for students and families. If you would like to get your child into these services you can either call our school counselor, Mrs. Erin Waterman or call the service provider directly and ask to schedule an intake appointment. If you call directly, remember to say that your child attends Walker Elementary in Springdale. OGC (479) 750-2020
Connect to Walker Elementary on Social Media
About Walker Elementary
Location: 1701 S 40th St, Springdale, AR 72762, USA