August 2019 - Dallas ISD Substitute Employee Newsletter
The 2019 -2020 school year is just around the corner, and we're set to make it our best one yet! Check out the latest updates from the Substitute Office in this August issue, as we prepare for classes to begin this fall!
We need your help!!!!!!
August is a busy month and our campuses will need your assistance during the first month of the school year. Please be sure to log in to Absence Management regularly to accept assignments. Fridays and Mondays usually have a lot of last-minute assignments - we need your assistance with accepting assignments on those days.
The following Campuses have several vacancies left unfilled. To ensure we are supporting our students on the first day of school, please use the link below to view and accept assignments at these Campuses. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the campus principal.
Please ensure that you are signing up for 5 assignments per month.
Once again, we appreciate you!
2019- 2020 SPECIAL EDUCATION TRAINING
If you're interested in learning additional skills, please click the link below.
THINGS TO COMPLETE BEFORE MONDAY, AUGUST 20, 2019
- Review the Absent Management System (frequently) for upcoming recorded absences.
- Locate your Dallas ISD Substitute employee ID badge or visit the Substitute Office for a new badge.
- Call local campuses and let them know you are available to substitute beginning immediately.
- Start accepting assignments beginning Monday, August 19, 2019!
UTILIZING POWERSCHOOL GUIDE
SUBSTITUTE EXPERIENCE TEACHER FEEDBACK REGARDING SUBSTITUTE PERFORMANCE
As a reminder, you will be evaluated on your performance by the teacher you are substituting for. We've provided the questions that the teachers will answer below, as a way to guide your efforts in their absence.
- Was all classroom work collected?
- Was the room left as neat and clean as it was found?
- Was classroom work explained satisfactorily?
- Did students report that they were treated fairly and consistently?
- Were any disciplinary issues reported?
Star Rating Key
5 Stars - Exemplary
4 Stars - Above Average
3 Stars - Satisfactory
2 Stars - Unsatisfactory
1 Star - Poor
2019 - 2020 ANNUAL BENEFITS ENROLLMENT
2019-2020 Annual Benefits Enrollment is July 1 through August 23, 2019! This is your opportunity to enroll or make changes to your current benefits elections which begins September 1, 2019, and ends August 31, 2020.
If you have questions regarding your benefits or Annual Benefits Enrollment, contact the Benefits Call Center for assistance. The Benefits team can help you:
- Enroll in benefits as a new employee or during Annual Benefits Enrollment.
- Change your benefits if you have a “special enrollment event,” such as having a baby, getting married, or your spouse losing his/her employer’s health coverage.
- Get answers to your benefits-related questions.
- Provide help with using the new Dallas ISD Benefits Portal.
Contact the Benefits Call Center at (972) 925-400. English- and Spanish-speaking representatives are available weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
ACCELERATING CAMPUS EXCELLENCE UPDATES
This year we are undergoing some new updates in regards to the ACE program, with the introduction of ACE 3.0 schools.
ACE 1.0 school have an extra hour in the school day, therefore there will be an additional $10 added for those assignments. The ACE 3.0 will not have the extra hour so there will not be a rate increase.
ACE School 1.0 school with an additional $10
- Pease Elementary School (SOC)
ACE 3.0 Schools without an additional $10
- Chavez Elementary School (N. Dallas)
- Dunbar Elementary School (Madison)
- Hotchkiss Elementary School (Conrad)
- King Elementary School (Madison)
- Maple Lawn Elementary School (N. Dallas)
- Rhoads Elementary School (Lincoln)
PRE-K PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Pre-K Partnerships is a unique campus that serves 1,800 students placed at our pre-k classrooms located at each of our partner centers throughout the city of Dallas. The following campuses/centers will serve as your preferred campuses and priority assignment locations. Based on the location of each center and your preferences you could be assigned to work at a campus that better fits the needs of Dallas ISD students.
Child care centers that offer full-day prekindergarten in partnership with Dallas ISD:
- M. Brooks Head Start
- ALC Early Care and Education
- Aishas Learning Center
- Braswell Child Development Center
- ChildCareGroup at Bryan’s House
- Buckeye Trails Head Start
- David’s Place Head Start
- Ferguson-Oates Head Start
- For Keep’s Sake
- Golden Minds Academy
- Good Street
- Heavenly Learning Center
- Lake June Head Start
- Lakewest Head Start
- ChildCareGroup at Landauer
- Lancaster-Kiest Head Start
- Margaret H. Cone Head Start
- ChildCareGroup at Martin Luther King, Jr
- Mi Escuelita at Cockrell Hill
- Mi Escuelita at Crossover
- Mi Escuelita at Good Shepherd
- Mi Escuelita at Casa View
- Neighborhood Christian
- Pace and Ross
- Park South YMCA
- Roseland Homes Head Start
- Socorro Gonzalez Head Start
- Sunnyview Head Start
- Union Christian Academy
- Wanda Meshack Smith Head Start
- Wee Can Academy
- ChildCareGroup at West Dallas
For more information on Pre-K Partnerships please contact the school office at 972-925-8927.
PROPER TIME KEEPING PROCEDURES-BIOMETRIC CLOCK
The Substitute Office would like to remind all substitute employees that it is district policy to clock in AND out. To ensure proper information transition to your time cards. While rare, if you are unable to clock in using the biometric clock, be sure to inform the campus office manager.
Human Capital Management - Substitute Staffing Team
Cynthia Lule, Substitute Staffing Specialist
· Major Responsibilities: Creating Substitute Profiles
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone: (972) 925-4082
Lamar Dinkins, Substitute Staffing Specialist
· Major Responsibilities: Creating Substitute Profiles
· Email: email@example.com
· Phone: (972) 925-4363
Sandra Piper, Substitute Coordinator
· Major Responsibilities: Absence Management, Substitute Communication, AABS Reporting
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone: (972) 925-4361
Brandy Nealy, Substitute Facilitator
· Major Responsibilities: Substitute Training, Materials & Resources Policy, TWC & Reviews Incident Reports
· Email: email@example.com
· Phone: (972) 925-5734
Shenise Tyler, Substitute Staffing Manager
· Major Responsibilities: Substitute Office Policy, Project, Work & Substitute Supervisor
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phone: (972) 925-4208
Contact us at email@example.com